Chapter 44 - Graduation Has Come

Start from the beginning

“And I have our cap and gowns in my bathroom. They’re all ready for tomorrow.”

“Perfect,” we walked into my room.

Brittany suddenly walked in, “Who’s ready to graduate tomorrow. In honor of graduation I say we party tonight. The pub is holding a special sale for all of us graduating tomorrow. Half price pizza and drinks. Come with me?”

“Sure,” I smiled.

“We’d love to,” Carter added.

“Yay! Get ready now. I’ll pick you up in a half hour,” she said before leaving again.

“You do realize she has too much energy right?”

“Yeah,” I nodded with a laugh, “But she’s fun. I’ll get dressed.”

“I have to get changed but I’ll be back before Brittany comes.”

“Okay,” I kissed him, “Be quick.”

“I will be,” he said before jogging out the door.

I went to the bathroom quickly and found Rolla sitting on my bed when I came back in, “What’s up?” I asked her.

“Where are you headed?”

I answered, “Brittany says the pub is having a special sale and celebration for the graduates tonight so we’re going.”

She nodded, “I wanted to just tell you something.”

“Is something wrong?”

“No,” Rolla shook her head, “Not really. My mind’s just a little off. A lot going on I guess.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“I got some bad news from the Silthra, that’s all. I did tell you how my sister married into the Silthra race right?”

I nodded, “She’s the one that united the two races.”

“Right, well I’ve stayed close with that specific family because of obvious reasons and they called me today and told me that my distant relative or great great grand-whatever died today. I’m heading to go to the funeral now but I’ll be back before the ceremony.”

“I’m so sorry,” I hugged her. “Is this why we’ve kept our distance from the Silthra.”

She shrugged.

“The Silthra didn’t even arrive to the fight until late.”

“I know and that was my fault. Ever since my sister died it has been so hard to be around them. I can see my sister in our relatives in the Silthra race. They look like her and they look like her husband too. They know it’s hard for me. My sister betrayed us and almost destroyed my relationship with her. It was terrible trying to get our relationship back on track and when we finally did I realized she couldn’t live forever like I could. I would lose her anyway and I did. The Silthra are aware of all of it and they’re very kind about it. They kept their distance because they know it’s hard for me to be around them because it reminds me of my sister.”