s i x

🌺

Jaemin felt like it was the end of his life. Greg’s interrogation mode makes him feel even nervous than the competition that’s currently running.

The two of them were walking ahead, silent and in deep thoughts while Jeno followed them behind, the same worries but hopeful that Greg would understand.

Jeno then groaned his throat to cut the awkward silence between them.

Until Greg paused from walking making them both to do the same. “I’m pretty sure I saw it right” She said.

S-Saw what?” Jaemin asked back trying to act like something didn’t happened. Greg stared at him with glaring eyes much of his body to tremble.

Why are you two doing it in public?” She exclaimed as she grab both of Jaemin’s arms. “You two really freaked me out”.

Plus…oh my god, Lee Jeno? All the girls were so in to him Jaem, I mean---“ They both then stared at Jeno much of the other’s confusion.

God, he’s so dreamy, but bold and a really bad boy” Greg uttered in a playful way.

Since when…I mean…I’m really confuse—Tell me Jaem” She asked.

Jaemin choked an air before glancing back at Jeno again seeing how he signaled him to just go along. “I’m gay.” He said.

Greg paused for a moment but she still had the same expression. “Aren’t you mad or something?” Jaemin cut the silence.

Mad? Why would I?” Greg asked back while smiling. “Because, I’m gay” Jaemin responded.

Greg clicked her tongue. “Okay?”
He felt Greg didn’t take it like a big deal or something much of Jaemin’s relief. “So you know?” Jaemin asked again.

The lady shakes her head. Her smile now became a bit sincere but she truly doesn’t feel like something changed between them at all, except that his friend was hitting up with the popular kid in school just couldn’t help her but to swoon inside of her.

“I honestly don’t care what your orientation is, you’re still the Jaemin we know, our quiet, dorky at some point, our best friend and that won’t change whatever we feel for you” Greg answered.

Jaemin just couldn’t help but to feel emotional again, a bit. Greg hold both of his hands. “You’re happiness is our happiness. I’m actually really happy you’ve found your happiness without our knowing”. She said as she glances over Jeno.

“A few people really knows…I haven’t really came out yet”

Greg formed an ‘o’ on his lips. “Don’t worry. You had all the time until you feel you’re comfortable enough to share it to others. More importantly, I’m always gonna be here to support you” She said.

The atmosphere turned hopeful and bright. Both of them got their eyes teary as soon as Jaemin hugged his friend tightly.

Seeing the two made Jeno feel happy as well as he went closer to the two.
God, you guys are making me cry” Greg uttered then playfully made a crying noise making them all to smirk and chuckle later on.

Look at you two geez, you both looks so good together” Greg started teasing them as she shove Jaemin back to Jeno’s side making the couple feel bashful growing blushes on their cheeks.

Jeno, oh my god. It’s actually my first time seeing you this close” Greg uttered as she shake Jeno’s hand. She actually still feel a bit distant, scared, and shy in front of him because she has always know Jeno as like a celebrity with really bad reputation of being a bully but he’s handsome, and an elite student, she had lots of thoughts.

And now, thinking of how he’s a gay person and his friend’s boyfriend actually makes her mind tangled with mixed emotions and surprise.

This news really deserves a celebration for tomorrow” Greg exclaimed.

The two went confused a bit. “What do you mean?” Jaemin asked.

There’s a party tomorrow for the nerd club, haven’t you heard? Win or lose, we’re going to celebrate you guys” Greg said while hands swaying excitedly.

The couple glances at each other. “A party sounds cool” Jeno uttered making Jaemin feel that it’s ok for them to celebrate.

But are you okay with us being together tomorrow?” Jaemin worriedly asked Jeno.

Come on! You can keep your lovey things lowkey but its better if you two were there though” Greg invited. Jeno nod his head agreeing with her. Jaemin sighed before his lips formed a smile.

Alright, I’ll count you two in.” Greg said. “Oh and by the way Dylan—“

“I’ll handle him. Leave him to me” Jaemin immediately insisted upon being alarmed by how his deal with Arian is ongoing as well much of Jeno to feel the change on Jaemin’s mood right away.

Greg felt the sudden awkwardness but she smiled right through it and they continued walking. “Okay. Let’s just have fun today until tomorrow.”

“God, you two really looks good together”

“Stop it”

Come on let’s get our ass back, Jaemin you still had a competition going”

---

Party’s isn’t really Jaemin’s type much of Greg’s persuasion, he attended anyways. Jeno told him to go first anyway so he can enjoy the party themselves for a while, little much of his knowing whether Jeno is going to come.

Everyone is on their really attractive casual wears and it’s been so long since Jaemin saw every student this comfortable and loud and lively, but he got no complaints.

Jae!” He heard Greg calling somewhere the crowd so he took his whole courage to stroll around and find her, seeing her with Arian and some other students on the table.

Oh wow. Cutie boy in the house!” Arian exclaimed and everyone started bawling and cheering over Jaemin’s entrance. “Let’s congratulate our ace Jaeminie and the nerd club for winning the Regionals Quiz Bee this year” Arian added much of Jaemin to grow even shyer but a smile grown on grows on his face.

Greg stared at him with surprised expressions from head to toe seeing how Jaemin truly looks attractive tonight. He then signaled Jaemin to sit beside her in which the latter immediately followed so he can find a spot where he’s comfortable at.

It’s loud, and dark” Jaemin whispered at her.

I know right?” Greg screamed at his ears before taking a drink. “Here have some!” Greg uttered and grab a cup of drinks from the table and lend it to him.

Jaemin didn’t want to but Greg insisted to he take the cup. The booze kinda smell bad to him but he took the drink in one go much of Greg and Arian’s surprise.

Jaemin forced a smile but he isn’t really comfortable with the drink. He felt a bit lively though, for some reasons.

Where’s the boyfriend?” Greg whispered at him.

“I don’t know if Jeno’s coming” Jaemin responded. Greg pouted but went to partying mode right away. “It doesn’t matter. Just have fun okay? I’ll take care of you”
Jaemin nodded before Greg lend him another cup in which he takes anyways.

The party continued lively for an hour. Everyone doesn’t seems to get tired of it. It’s also been an hour but Jeno hasn’t arrived yet, nor did Dylan whom he truly didn’t invite because he must keep him away for Arian and Greg.

He knows Dylan’s gonna come anyway because this party is for the whole nerd club, much of his anxiousness to grow so he just drink it away as he stayed somewhere less crowded.