Chapter XIV

"What did Alois say this time Ciel?" your brow quirked in question. Ciel mumbles something under his breath.

"Don't mumble when someone asks a question, its rude."

"He insulted me, I was not about to let him get away with it." He answers hotly as he watches you roll your eyes.

"Why couldn't you have just insulted him back instead of resorting to force?"

"He was asking for it." Ciel replies.

You half-sigh half-laugh, "Men and your delicate egos, yours especially, you would never survive as a woman."

Ciel gives you a sidelong look, "Did you just-"

"Yes, yes I did. Your observation skills are top notch." You reply, sarcasm heavily lacing it.

"And I thought I could trust you." Ciel said with mock hurt. Laughter rings in the room, bringing a small smile to the boy's sever face. He watches as you fling yourself down on the couch. The light streaming from the window catches your hair, showing the natural (color) highlights in its intricate up do. You gaze at him with sparkling eyes.

"Ciel,"

"Yes, (y/n)."

"I want something sweet."

The one-eyed boy gives you a mildly scolding look, "No you'll ruin your appetite, dinner is in," he glances at the clock on the wall, "in an hour."

A pout forms, "Pleeeeaase,"

Ciel looks away determined not to give in. His gaze drifts back to you, he sighs, "Fine, I'll see what Sebastian can cook up."

A triumphant smile lights up your face, "Yay, thank you Ciel!"

The boy left with a light chuckle. A few minutes later, he returned with two plates, dessert forks and a slice of red velvet cake on with plate. He hands you one plate and sits himself down beside you. The two of you eat the cake in comfortable silence. Ciel finishes the cake first, he places it on the small coffee tale before him. Now that his arms are free, he scoots closer to you and places one long, slender arm across your shoulders. The blatant move of protection and love sends heat into your cheeks, like a fever flaring up.

However, the quiet does not last long. A series of knocks on the door interrupt the moment.

"Enter," the master of the house calls. The door opens to reveal Sebastian. Ciel does not bother to remove his arm. His faithful butler enters withdrawing a letter from inside his jacket.

"Master Trancy meant to give this letter to you. It contains some import findings on the case, My Lord." The butler holds out the letter in his white gloved hands. The bluenette leans forward taking the letter removing his arm from your shoulders. He opens the envelope, extracting the folded paper within. He unfolds the letter and reads, you look over his shoulder curiously. The paper crumples in the boy's fist.

"Sebastian, get my bags ready, we need to leave as soon as possible."

"And what of Her Highness, will she be coming with us?" Sebastian questions, not caring either way. Ciel's eye lingers on your form, "No, the Princess shall remain here."

"I beg your pardon, what exactly is going on here?" You butt in not pleased with their lack of attention to you.

The seventeen-year-old turns to you, his oceanic eye hard. His voice cuts through you like a knife, "(Y/n) I have been notified that there is rebel activity in Northern Ireland. I have been requested to look into it. I'll only be gone for a few days, a week at most."