Plan in Action

"That was all that happened?" The therapist asked. Sidney nodded. "Any recurring nightmares after your.. experience.. with this prisoner?" They asked. Yes. "No. He scared the crap out of me, sure, but I'm fine now, knowing that I'm safe." She assured. Nightmare had you in psychological torture most nights, but you felt rather determined to befriend him. Besides, what could a therapist do about him anyway? Sidney would still get them in the end, so what was the point? "That is good. Mr. Dream feared that the prisoner may attached himself to you. If anything changes, you'll tell me, won't you?" Sidney nodded. "Of course, thank you."
"Your welcome, Ms. Wish. I suppose this ends your first session then." She nodded again. "I guess." A guard came to collect her. She'd been startled when she first found out she had to pass Nightmare's confines to get to the therapy session. Looking into the dark hall, she could have swore she could see the king smiling, his eye half lidded while he pressed a phalange to his mouth in a silent shush. She got the message. She'd planned to keep quiet anyway.

🥀🥀🥀

Sidney sighed as she sat on her cot. Now it was a waiting game until she went to bed. Well, she supposed she could go to bed early. "How does someone get close to a king anyway? Let alone one like him?" He seemed pretty impossible to get through to. She supposed she was going to have to watch and listen in hopes of finding out something about him. Something he liked. She supposed he liked negativity. And torture. Surely there had to be something more though. She remembered when she first saw him. The look in his eye. Yes, there was definitely layers to that goopy skeleton king.

🥀🥀🥀

Sidney 'woke' up in the darkness again. "Evening Nightmare."
"..." The goopy octopus skeleton lashed out, wrapping a tentacle around your throat. "that is king nightmare to you." How could she be choking in a nightmare? "I-I'm sorry! P-please my king, I c-can't breathe!" He smiled. "good." He let go and she fell back to her usual nightmare. The blood didn't really phase her anymore, that's how often it was used. It wasn't like anything else traumatic really happened to her. With a sigh she looked through the books that lined the windowsills. It was a nightmare, so she highly doubted she could actually read any of them. "Hamlet? I haven't read this since highschool.." She opened it up, eyes widening as she realized the whole thing was there. Word for word. Were these all books he'd read? He was a bookworm? Not exactly what she'd expected from the king of nightmares. "What else does he have here?!" She looked through the books, finding more and more of her own personal favorites. Nightmare didn't like the growing excitement. He needed her fear not... this. So he picked her up by the ankle and threw her out the window.

🥀🥀🥀

"O-ow.." He was getting stronger, that was for certain. She looked around. "Now where am I?" It was dark with a single light bulb on right above her. "i've taken the liberty of changing things up since you no longer seem to be affected by your framing. enjoy." Nightmare's voice echoed around you and more lights, albeit dim red lights, flickered to life revealing her worst irrational fear. Spiders. Spiders everywhere. "You've got to be kidding me.." She would be fine right? They would ignore her, right? Wrong. As soon as the lights turned on, they rushed towards her. She screamed and searched desperately for an exit. They could be poisonous. They could kill her in seconds. "It's j-just a nightmare, r-right? They can't h-hurt me, right?" But Nightmare could. So it was possible they could too. She screamed again when they reached her and started climbing on her. "P-please make it stop! K-king Nightmare!" She begged. But nobody came. Why the fuck did Sidney want to be his friend again?