"Don't you mean ex?" Karma corrected. Asano twitched an eyebrow at Karma's lame way to correct him. "I don't want to be those kinds of people but... ya know."

Asano's glared deepened.

"Okay, okay, I get it, you have every right to hate me. If it wasn't for me, (y/n)-chan would still be engaged to you. And I'll admit, I did make some moves on her even after she told me about the arranged marriage. I would say I'm sorry... but really, I'm not."

It's no surprise that Karma wasn't sorry for meddling in your relationship with Asano. The strawberry blond was not his friend, so there was no reason for him to not continue to see you. Karma feels that his actions are justified because you were forced to be with Asano.

"Whether you are sorry or not, it doesn't make a difference to me." Asano's tone was sharp but remained in control. "I'm only putting up with you for (y/n)'s sake. And for her sake, I hope you haven't gotten her involved with one of your shenanigans or fights."

"You think I'm idiot--"

"--Yes."

Karma glared at him but went on to what he was about to say. "Of course I haven't gotten my princess involved with anything of the sort. Those fights are for my own personal fun time."

"I would appreciate it if you didn't use that ridiculous pet name in front of me."

"You're just jealous cuz you can't call her that~" Karma remarked smugly. "Well, I suppose you can but she might find it awkward."

Asano had already told him himself that he accepted the reality of you being in love with Karma for a while now, but that didn't make dealing with Karma any less painful.

"How on earth did her parents-- the same parents who keep her sheltered-- agree to let you see her?"

"Parents just love me," Karma said with a smirk.

The I'm-not-buying-that-bull-shit look was clear on Asano's face.

Karma snickered. "Yeah, that might be a bit of a stretch. Not only did I pull out the good well behaved boy card on them, I told them that I was the one who stopped a certain stalker from harassing the school's idol."

Asano gave him a suspicious glare. "You're lying."

"I'm not," Karma confirmed. "Go ask (y/n). It's not enough to get them to completely adore me like they do with you, but, whatever." The redhead shrugged.

Okay, Asano figured Karma isn't lying nor did he think he had a reason to be lying, especially since he knows the stalking incident is a very sensitive topic for you.

"Ah, I see." Asano nodded his head, finding himself grateful for Karma's action. He remembered how stressed you were for that entire month and how scared you looked whenever he visited you at the hospital.

Before anything other words were exchanged between the two rivals, you came back from talking to your parents.

"I swear, sometimes I get the feeling my parents only adopted me as a trophy daughter." You muttered annoyingly, taking the empty seat that was in between Asano and Karma. "What were the two of you talking about?" You asked with a smile, unaware of the tension that was going on.

"Nothing." The two boys said at the same time.

You blinked and glanced at the two boys. "...alright?" You softly cleared your throat. You then felt Karma grab your hand from the other table.

"Is anything exciting gonna happen?" Karma asked in an almost drawled-out tone.

Karma's appearance alone did make him blend in well with this sort of crowd, and that is thanks to the tuxedo he was wearing, but his attitude and boredom were something different.