365 Days

~To The Story~

"Ah-- Sorry, sorry!!"

Karma blinked a couple of times, halting straight in his tracks before you came running into him. The redhead was casually walking down the hallway at school, but his path was quickly cut off when he turned the corner and almost collided himself with you due to your running.

You had a mini heart attack when you almost ran into him. And from that split second, your eyes were met with a pair of mercury irises. It was the very first time the two of you made direct eye contact. However, since you were going through a lot during those times and had a billion things going through your head right now, it didn't take you long to forget Karma's face.

The two of you were once strangers, and neither of you was aware of the relationship the two of you will develop in the near future.

"B-bye! Sorry again!" You ran past him, with a sloppy wave, looking like you were in a hurry which didn't leave any room for Karma to say anything back to you.

Karma quietly glanced at you running off before shrugging and continuing his walk, internally glad that you didn't try to strike up a conversation with him.

That short interaction happened around second year. Thinking back to those days, Karma would sometimes wonder what would have happened if he tried to befriend back then. Would your first and second years of junior high have been easier? Would have he comforted you that day he caught you crying alone?

If only he didn't just see you as the school's idol alone. You were a normal girl which he learned in third year. You get stressed when it came to school work, you loved hanging out with your friends, you had such a love for sweets and desserts, and you had a lot of family problems.

It did take Karma some time for him to fully understand who the real you are. A sweet, naive and innocent girl who he ended up falling in love with and cherishes the memories he made with you this one year and wished for more.

A large, decorated room. Bright lights, people dressed in their very best for this event and blending perfectly well for the gala.

Karma was not used to this. Social events were never really his cup of tea. If he's being honest, he would admit that he feels out of place. In fact, he has told you that he would feel out of place when you invited him to come to this gala, but all he received from you was a cute giggle and telling him that he'll be fine.

Yes, as long as you were with him he will be fine. But, right at this moment, you weren't. Nope, just a few minutes ago you left him just to briefly talk to your parents at another table while he sits alone to wait for you. Well, he wasn't completely alone. Asano was sitting at the same table as him.

The tension used to describe the two isn't awkward. Which would be appropriate at a time like this. Considering the boy was your now current boyfriend while the other one was your ex-boyfriend and not to mention former fiance. But, no it wasn't awkward, it was more like a hostel atmosphere.

"Just to make things clear, I don't plan on becoming all buddy-buddy with you," Karma said plainly, arms folded on the table. Every now and then he would take glances at you so he can admire how adorable you look dressed up in a kimono and what added to the appearance was the ordainment on your hair. If it was just the two of you in the room, then Karma wouldn't let you leave his grasp.

"The feeling is neutral. Now, could you not talk to me so much."

"Wow, petty aren't you?"

Asano threw him a glare. "You literally stole my fiancee from me."