Ch.11 | Sleepy Return

A/n: I don't own any of the manga/anime/songs/book/videogame references that might be in here.

======================================================================================================================================================

Chrom watched as the boy wearing red cleaved through the battlefield, leaving no soldiers alive. He grimly stared at the boy as he hastily dodged through the arrows in the field, jumping and sliding to go over or under them. His expression was ever vacant as he atrociously and brutally killed his opponents, cutting their limbs with slashes fast as lighting and with punches that bent metal inwards and turning the bones under the armor to dust.

Chrom heard footsteps behind him. He turned his head and saw Sumia look at the battlefield in front of her with a narrowed and nose scrunched in a worried expression. "Chrom, that boy's been through battle," she said, seeing as Fukyutsui swung his blade and turned around, catch an enemy's sword with his hands, the invisible gauntlets stopping it before it pierced the skin, he swatted the blade away before clenching his fist and striking forwards.

"Well, we're at a period of war," said Chrom, narrowing his eyes as he stared at Fukyutsui jump over a low horizontal slash from the enemy. He landed on top of the blade and then kicked the man on the chin, sending him flying through the arena. Fukyutsui walked forwards with his sword sheathed on his hip, no one dared to step forwards to the challenge -- the enemy troops hid on the corners of the arena. Chrom could understand why as well, the sheer pressure coming from him made Chrom feel dizzy, the small fragments of bloodlust he could feel from the other side of the arena made him feel weak already, he couldn't begin to understand what it felt like up close. 

He saw Fukyutsui place his hand on the blade on his hip, there was the sound of metal hitting against each other and then Fukyutsui's figure became a blur moving forwards, the mage he charged towards didn't have time to react, his head flew out of his body, the slash was so fast the body stayed upwards for a second before falling down as if even the world hadn't seen whether he was dead or not. 

Chrom couldn't help but grimace at the terror that was the boy in front of him, just who was him -- what his goals were and where he came from. Chrom's eyes widened seeing the champion Basilio had chosen, it's the same person who came to Lisa's rescue! The masked individual! He flinched.

The air thicker, the loud cheers of the crowd instantly silenced, and the background sound of shuffling of the enemy side instantly stopped, Fukyutsui's words were clear and loud at the silenced arena, "... Xp thief, I'll have your head," he said, grabbing Chrom's sword and pointing it forwards.

"I watched your fight," Basilio's champion said, taking his sword and pointing it forwards. Chrom's eyes widened seeing his blade on the hands of someone else. A second falchion, how could such a thing be possible?! "You may have strength and agility, but your technique is lacking," said Marth, taking a few steps to the side as Fukyutsui glared, "Have you ever actually swung a blade before?" he asked.

Fukyutsui's figure became a blur again, his movements too fast for eyes to properly keep up with him, Marth swung his blade vertically forwards, hitting against Fukyutsui's, he was pushed back by the sheer strength of the boy's attack, but he had successfully stopped the boy who stared at her wide-eyed. Fukyutsui glared and grit his teeth before raising his sword and swinging it down, Marth smiled, putting his sword upwards, the blades met in the guard, however it seemed like Marth had the advantage this time, using Fukyutsui's strength he lightly pushed the blade to the side, making his attack miss entirely.

Marth didn't waste time and kicked the boy in the stomach, he flinched and then kicked again as Fukyutsui tried to gather himself. 

"You're good at fighting mindless soldiers and catching people by surprise with your speed," said Marth, pointing his sword at the boy who glared and dashed forwards, becoming a blur again, "but..." Marth swung his sword sideways, changing Fukyutsui's attack and redirecting it to the side, "you are predictable," he said, kicking Fukyutsui's face and then swinging her sword down.