Poor Depressed Myrtle

3rd Person POV

"I always knew Salazar Slytherin was a twisted old loony," Ron told (Y/n), Harry and Hermione as they fought their way through the teeming corridors at the end of the lesson to drop off their bags before dinner. "But I never knew he started all this pure-blood stuff. I wouldn't be in his house if you paid me. Honestly, if the Sorting Hat had tried to put me in Slytherin, I'd've got the train straight back home..." Hermione nodded fervently while  noted that (Y/n) Harry looked a little nervous. (Y/n) didn't say anything. His stomach had just dropped unpleasantly and he felt a tad annoyed. His mother, a muggle-born was in Slytherin and she wasn't a bad person. She was the complete opposite, she had told him the countless stories of her being bullied in her house, but she knew the real reason why she was put in Slytherin. She had ambition, lot's of it, so much that she was willing to put up with her bullies (and eventually stand up to them) because she knew that beating academically was the only way to prove to all of the wizarding world that a muggle-born can be just as good if not better than any pureblood. (Y/n) wondered at that moment that maybe everyone in Slytherin wasn't a bad egg unlike Draco and his goons who ruin their house's reputation, just like Voldemort had. He would have to keep an eye on his Slytherin class during their joint potions class, maybe he could make some new friends and learn something embarrassing about a certain blonde git. 

As they were making there way towards their common room, Colin Creevy went past. (Y/n) smirked, he didn't tell Harry but he was amused at the fact that Harry had his own fanboy, it gave him a smile seeing Harry be flustered. "Hiya, Harry!" Colin exclaimed, as cheerfully as ever. "Hello, Colin," said Harry automatically in a monotone robotic voice, clearly highlighting his lack of interest. "Harry! Harry! A boy in my class has been saying you're —" But Colin was so small he couldn't fight against the tide of people bearing him toward the Great Hall; they heard him squeak, "See you, Harry!" and he was gone. "What's a boy in his class saying about you?" Hermione wondered. "That I'm Slytherin's heir, I expect," said Harry, his stomach dropping another inch or so as he suddenly remembered the way Justin Finch-Fletchley had run away from him at lunchtime. "People here'll believe anything," said (Y/n) in disgust.

The crowd thinned and they were able to climb the next staircase without difficulty. "Do you really think there's a Chamber of Secrets?" (Y/n) asked Hermione. "I don't know," she said, frowning. "Dumbledore couldn't cure Mrs. Norris, and that makes me think that whatever attacked her might not be... Human." As she spoke, the Magical Quartet turned a corner and found themselves at the end of the very corridor where the attack had happened. They stopped and looked. The scene was just as it had been that night, except that there was no stiff cat hanging from the torch bracket, and an empty chair stood against the wall bearing the message "The Chamber of Secrets has been Opened." "That's where Filch has been keeping guard," Ron muttered. They looked at each other and then looked around. The corridor was deserted.

"Can't hurt to have a poke around," said Harry, dropping his bag and getting to his hands and knees so that he could crawl along, searching for clues. "Scorch marks!" he said. "Here!" "Come and look at this!" said (Y/n). "This is funny..." Harry got up and crossed to the window next to the message on the wall. (Y/n) was pointing at the topmost pane, where around twenty spiders were scuttling, apparently fighting to get through a small crack. A long, silvery thread was dangling like a rope, as though they had all climbed it in their hurry to get outside. "Have you ever seen spiders act like that?" said (Y/n) wonderingly. "No," said Harry, "have you, Ron? Ron?" Harry looked over his shoulder. Ron was standing well back and seemed to be fighting the impulse to run. "What's up?" said Harry. "I don't like spiders," said Ron tensely. "I never knew that," said Hermione, looking at Ron in surprise. "You've used spiders in Potions loads of times..." "I don't mind them dead," said Ron, who was carefully looking anywhere but at the window. "I just don't like the way they move..." Hermione giggled. "It's not funny," said Ron, fiercely. "If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick... You wouldn't like them either if you'd been holding your bear and suddenly it had too many legs and..." He broke off, shuddering. Hermione was obviously still trying not to laugh.