The Demon Who Showed Up Late

Start from the beginning

That was why it was perfectly okay for a group of people to discuss demon summoning despite its history and taboo that plagued it here in Tempest Academy. As it was the only academy that could allow demons to get summon and maintain such a civil security.

"Hey, hey, Langley-san, that Richard boy is ogling at you again." among the group of students, one of them, a female hobgoblin, shared no interest in the subject of demons and began discussing to the girl, a half-elf, named Langley, walking next to her.

Langley didn't need to look back as one of the many secret superpowers a woman possess was the ability to detect lecherous gazes from men. A useful yet annoying ability that was not recognize as a skill by the voice of the world. And Langley had long knew Richard was ogling at her. Without looking at him, she coldly snorts and continues to ignore him.

"Gera-san, just ignore him. You'll be weeping all day if you try to even entertain him." said Langley to the female hobgoblin, whose name was Gera.

"Hihihi, what a naughty boy, that Richard kid is. How about we punish him a bit, ya?" another female, who looked human but was emitting very little demonic aura, said with a giggle and a playful smile.

"Oh no, poor Richard-kun. He's about to be played by the academy's bully queen. Whatever shall we do, Langley-san?" Gera said with fake theatrics.

"How about we just give him the usual silent treatment? Isn't that a suitable punishment, Sera-san?" asked Langley to the demon who walked with them.

"Ehh... Why so serious, Langley-san? You never reply to his advances at all and you treat him so coldly. He's not a bad guy though despite how shy he is. Eh? maybe it's because you already have someone in your heart? Ara, who could be the lucky guy that even we, your besties, don't even know about?" Gera queried Langley with a the pace of a machine gun which cause Langley to sigh in exasperation.

Langley had always know Richard had a crush on her ever since her school life started. After all, she inherited the beautiful looks of her elven mother that she was easily the top 20s most beautiful students of the academy. And her first impression of him was that of an awkward boy trying to woo her in his own dorky way.

Langley wouldn't mind being friends with him as long as he doesn't become a bother, but it seems that treating him politely caused the boy to get the wrong impression that he has a chance of dating her. Which she clearly stated days later that she had no time to flirt with a lover as she needed to restore the honor of her dishonored family.

Of course the heartbreaking rejection caused the boy to start treating her with prejudice. Using every opportunity to gain her attention by mocking her. And by ignoring him further had only exacerbate their treatment towards each other.

"Why do you think I would reply to his 'advances'? Everytime he opens his mouth, it's always mockery with no real meaning other than to gain my attention. And I don't like that about guys. They just spout whatever is on their minds without even thinking of the other person's feelings. You think I like that about him, Gera-san? Anyway, Sera-san, I wanna know more about demons from the demon realm and how we should properly treat them? What's the best way if they suddenly start acting aggressive? should we appease them or fight back?"

"Hihihi, my Langley is always so studious. At this rate, you're never getting married. Ah, but I will marry you though if no one has taken you yet."

"I'll consider it later. Now about the demons?"

"Hihihi..." Sera giggled cutely and began explaining what she knew about her kind from homeland. "Well, as you know, I'm not technically a genuine demon but a spawn born from demon parents. But they told me loads of stuff about their life in the demon realm. Like how demons are born from pure concentrated malice and that they fight each other everyday to the death! My parents were apparently also like that for hundreds of years but that changed when Rimuru-sama gave them names did they start growing soft on each other. Apparently, all those years of fighting finally bud the seed of love they have for each other and decided to get married."