𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻𝒾𝓈𝒽

HARRY'S POV
I couldn't even process what I was looking at with her in my arms. I didn't care about the war. I didn't care about all of the blood on my shirt.

All I could think about was how it was my fault for not making it fast enough. My fault for not keeping her by my side.

My tears weren't enough to express everything I felt at that moment. Anger, sympathy, sadness, pain..

Regret.

"Harry.." Y/N spoke up, making me look her in the eyes, "Please don't let me die.." She whispered, triggering something in my heart.

"Stop, Y/N, don't say that." I cried into her shirt, "I won't let you die. I can't. I can't." I shook my head repeatedly.

"Hermione, do something!" Ron begged as Hermione stood with her eyes flooded with guilt.

"There's nothing I can do.." She sobbed, "I'm so sorry, Harry. I knew where she went- I should've told you- I should've.. It's all my fault."

"It's not your fault.." Y/N spoke to Hermione, her voice barely noticeable.

"There has to be something we can do we can't just let her die." Ron panicked, pacing back and forth as if he had to come up with a plan to save her.

She can't go. She can't leave.

She mumbled something I couldn't hear so I leaned forward for her to repeat herself, "I love you too."

That's all it took for me to fall to pieces, knowing what I told her earlier and how she ignored me for the sake of her own mental health.

Through everything she's heard, even though they were lies, she's still in love with me in return.

I don't want to be here without her.

Maybe I'm not meant to.

Ron tapped on my shoulder to stop my crying and actually face the truth. The truth that those were her last few seconds with me.

And that she was gone.

Forever.

I shook my head in denial, pressing my hand against her heart the feel some sort of beat.
But there was nothing for me to feel. There was nothing left to keep her going.

But Y/N's died before, right?

She'll be back.

"Harry.." Hermione grabbed my shoulder, "She.. she's-"

"No." I pulled Y/N closer.

"She's gone, mate." Ron confirmed with a quiet tone.

I couldn't leave her alone. On the cold grounds of this fucked up school. The school that took her away from me.

I didn't know what to do, where to take her. Should I continue fighting for everyone else if I have no chance to defeat Voldemort? He's one of the reasons she's gone. But she was the only one that could end him, right?

I took her ring out of my pocket, the one she chose not to take from me earlier. I glanced over it a few times before sliding it onto her finger.

That's when I realized..

I can't live the rest of my life with her. I can't marry the person I wish to marry. There's no one else I'd wish to have as my wife, the mother of my children.

"I miss you already." I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

I slowly let her go, lying her head down in pure sorrow with the help of knowing I had to take my anger out on the one responsible. Away from her body.