⬖ C . 21

"Instead of always sleeping, could you at least act like you are the slightest bit interested?" she pinched the bridge of her nose squeezing her eyes tight

"Instead of always sleeping, could you at least act like you are the slightest bit interested?" she pinched the bridge of her nose squeezing her eyes tight. It's been a few days since the whole project had been given out. 

Yet there was improvement in their teamwork. Furthermore they did not get much far at all with the work. Running his hand through his hair Donghyuck aggressively exhaled lifting his head off the table surface. "Can you just shut up!"

Vexed she tightened her jaw barring her teeth. How much longer was she supposed to hang on? Huffing out some air Suyin gripped the piece of sheet damaging the neat straight corners out of frustration. "This . . . " she threw it in front of his face alarming the boy. " . . .  is supposed to be done together because we are partners. Both of us have to do it."

"I don't want to be your partner" his voice came out muffled as he rested his face back down onto his arm that were placed on the desk. 

Insulted by his comment, she scoffed running her hand through her hair finding it impulsively irritating. "You think I wanna be your partner?" she spat back leaning on her chair.  "As soon as I found out I had to work with you I asked the professor to swap me with someone else. But he refused" Donghyuck's eyelids shot up and he sat up straight eying the girl in disbelief.

Suyin took a glimpse over to notice his usual apathetic features. However there was something she couldn't help but not ignore. The miniature twitch of his eyebrow and the offended gaze in his eyes. Furrowing her brows she leaned closer to him making the latter instinctively back away. Observing him closely a smirk slowly formed across her lips. Amused she tried to hold back her laugh before placing on a fake pout.

"Aww you upset?" she teased him stroking his hair ever so softly. Gritting his jaw he slapped her hand away. "As if" he clicked his tongue denying her but Suyin thought otherwise. Chuckling she backed away satisfied but when she turned back again she saw how droopy his eyes were. The lack of energy could be detected from a mile away. She questioning to herself why he always sleeps but today he looked beyond exhausted. 

Debating on whether to ask she cleared her throat as a natural emotion of worry surfaced her even though she tried to push it away. "Did you not sleep yesterday? You look tired" she asked concerned, which took the boy by surprise. 

Not answering he eyes her in wary before giving in, knowing that she is the stubborn type. He didn't want to hear her constantly ask and force him to let it out. "I had a mission," he grumbled quietly to which the girl nodded understanding. Not bothered much she let it go however a gasp left her lips. "Did Renjun go?" a serious tone laced in her voice.

Donghyuck scrunched his features as her face was extremely close to his. He placed a finger on her forehead and pushed her away in disgust. "Yes"

Instantly, Suyin's eyes narrowed gripping onto her pencil hard. Infuriated she bit her lip down and the boy swore he saw steam  leaving her ears like in cartoon shows. Naturally his eyes fell to her hand that began to turn red and sore as she snapped the lead into half with one hand. Astonished, his lips parted slightly amazed by her strength.