“Hey, you! You don’t talk?” she asked him, making her blue eyes twinkle in a way that hypnotized many boys from her past.

“Nope” he said and started walking away. I gasped inwardly and sat up straight. Staring at Parker, I couldn’t help but notice the confusion in her eyes. She had no idea what had just happened. I walked over to her and grabbed her arm.

“Parker!” I exclaimed, pretending that I had only just noticed her. A couple of the guys there winked at me and I blushed. What? Flattery had always come easy for me! “Your dad wants us back, I think we should go” I said and started dragging her away.

“Hey Parker, come back to see us tonight and bring her your friend” a guy called after us. He smiled flirtatiously my way and I winked, quickly turning away and glancing at Parker. She still looked shocked. Suddenly her face twisted and she looked angry.

“Dick” she said. I smiled, there was my Parker. Not only was she my cousin, but she was the only person who’s personality would never fade.

“He sure was”

“How could he just walk away like that?”

“No idea” I said and we walked over to a little clearing between trees. It faced Lake Superior and we sat down and watched the waves. I loved being there at the cabin. My mom had told me about it so many times and I only wished to finally go. Sadly we couldn’t because my dad was working. I guess when dad got his promotion he was able to cash in all those over time days he had taken, plus his vacation and we were finally allowed to be here for two whole months. I sighed happily and Parker leaned her head on my shoulder.

“I’m going to get back at him” she said and I smirked.

“How are you going to do that”

“He’ll like me but I won’t like him back”

“Harsh. You’ll be using him”

“Ugh. I hate how you always ruin the fun” she said, poking me in the ribs. I jerked away and pushed her, but not before saying:

“What if you make him like you, all the while keeping your hidden love and lust for him” she laughed and plopped back down in the sand and groaned.

“What if I just call off boys again?”

“You can do that?”

“Starting now”

“Cheater”

“Loser”

“Hey!”

“Are you lost, ladies?” we whipped around to see someone in a golf cart staring our way. I squinted and realized it was someone our way. I shook my head,

“No, why?”

“Because this is someone’s property” he said, smirking at us. Parker and I quickly got to our feet and shrugged off the sand and pine needles on our clothes. It was getting dark out and I could barely see past the golf cart. He flashed his headlights and we were suddenly blinded by the light.

“Hey! Could please be more of a gentleman and stop blinding us poor innocent maidens?” I asked and he snorted.

“Maidens? Check out how short your shorts are!” he exclaimed and Parker and I glanced down simultaneously. I quickly jerked up my head.

“What’s the need, you already checked us out” Parker said I nodded for effect. He laughed again and said,

“Hey, listen, about that gentleman stuff, I came here to give you a ride, you want it or not?” I nodded but Parker sighed.