Aubree

Chapter Three

Aubree

Parker looked at me and smirked.

“I think I can still do this” she said, her blue eyes twinkling in the sun. However, she looked a bit distracted. I turned towards the load of guys standing in front of me… whoa. It had always been my dream to see so many good looking teenagers in one spot; I just didn’t think it was possible. However there they were, tall, handsome and muscular, ready for girls like me to drool on them. Parker however looked a little nervous. I guess her plan wasn’t really working out for the better. As I surveyed the fresh meat displayed before me, I thought back to my track record of boyfriends. All in all, I’d had three and they all came to me this year. I’m a shy person, unlike Parker and until this year, boys weren’t on my to do list. However everything changed when I took Parker’s advice to let loose. That’s when we found out that I was the kind to fall fast and easy. It seemed that Parker never had problems like mine. Although for Parker everything was easier, whether it was about boys or friends. She was blessed with the most beautiful and shiny blonde hair that contrasted against her bright blue eyes. Not mentioning her open personality that made anyone feel welcome. Parker had a sense of humour that was rather strange, hence the reason her jokes were only funny sometimes. Nevertheless, when she heard someone else make a joke, her laugh filled the room and caused everyone else to join, funny or not. Plus she had a way with facial expressions- I mean, she was practically made for situations like these!

The more I stared, the more my brain registered information. They were all sporting jeans and no shirts, yet they were wearing fat cloves in plain colours like green or brown. Some of them had tools, while others had helmets, construction helmets. I’m not a stupid person so it didn’t take me long to realize they were all working on a construction site, except for one. He wasn’t as tall as the rest of them, but boy was he ripped. He was wearing a blue and red bathing suit and no shirt, his abs were there for everyone to see. I glanced at Parker and quickly understood that she had noticed him too. In fact, not only had she noticed him, but she was practically drooling over him. I smirked to myself: looks like she was going to have more trouble than me.

“Uh… listen about that whole, calling off guys thing. It’s summer, what the heck was I thinking!” She said and elbowed me.

“Whatever, I’m sticking to the plan”

“Suit yourself. Check out the guy right there. He doesn’t seem to be working here but he is gorgeous!” She said nodding towards him so I could see. I smiled at her and rolled my eyes.

“Meh, he could be taller” I said and she laughed.

“Not everyone wants them so freakishly tall Aubree” she said as she began marching forward. She wasn’t walking towards him; she was walking towards the group of workers. They were on break because some of them had sandwiches. I shook my head and kept on walking towards a picnic table a couple feet away from me. I smiled at a couple guys who were looking my way but I was determined. No way was I bailing like Parker did. I plumped down and watched.

“Hey guys!” she said, smiling widely. Her hair was up in a ponytail. She was wearing white shorts and a pink tank top over her bathing suit. It was a one piece but that didn’t seem to make any difference to anyone since everyone melted after Parker, no matter what she wore. It was her attitude. I loved it. I smiled to myself as most of the guys there did a double take and looked her up and down.

“Hey” some of them said and slowly the group swarmed around her. I could see her head bobbing up and down as she talked to them, her smile just as white and as inviting. Suddenly I heard her laugh and I knew they were hooked. Parker wasn’t the model type. She was practically a dude herself! She liked to play all sorts of sports and she wasn’t super skinny. She didn’t have those long legs everyone talked about; however she did have the c-cup. I laughed at how she was like the oxymoron to everything everyone said about the type of girls guys fell for. They didn’t care about your looks so much that every girl had to be tall, skinny, and fake, they wanted the outgoing personality that went with it. Well, Parker had enough personality to make everyone forget that she didn’t have those long skinny legs. I glanced around and noticed that the guy she had set out to get hadn’t even twitched. In fact he was talking to this older man and looked like he was about to leave. Parker didn’t miss a beat.