Chapter 30: Not Friends (Monday and Hyunjin POV)

Start from the beginning

"That's the 3rd time this week. What is troubling you now?" Jihan kept probing. "And if you think I was the only one to notice that then you would be wrong."

Crap. She had the first shot.

"The members are wondering what Heejin sunbaenim was doing at the dorm before our comeback," Jihan continued. "How come you are suddenly very close to Heejin, and Hyunjin sunbaenim for that matter? 미안해, I couldn't help but overheard the conversation..."

"Of course you would, you are an Orbit after all," I conveniently avoided the first part of her question.

"You aren't answering me..." Jihan found out.

I was saved by the staff calling Jihan to film some behind the scenes footage. But this time, Soeun was next to join me. And...

"I also overheard your conversation with Jihan," she revealed. "After this recording, you really should explain yourself, Kim Jimin."

Sigh, if it has come to this, I will have to tell the members how I became so close to LOONA. There will also be one jealous bunny in the dorm tonight, but I guess this is my fault for not telling them sooner. But truthfully, I had no choice.

We made our way to the set and took our seats on the picnic chairs. Then we began rehearsing for our cover. Soeun decided to practice harmonising with the members and Jihan sent a video greeting to Soojin unnie, Jaehee and Zoa, who couldn't join us today as they had other schedules. As I was sitting at the centre, I knew the pressure was on me to nail the vocals well.

At last, it was time for the final recording. Much preparation and vocal warm ups later, we delivered the song perfectly.

"널 이렇게 사랑하는 나보다
나를 사랑하는 니가 됐으면~
내 머리속에 사는 그대가
하늘 위를 걷는 날 봤으면~"

I sang the chorous with a pleasant melody. The lyrics talk about the beloved person, who one thinks about, living in their head and walking freely in the sky. Aptly, I have been thinking about Jin Jin and I wished to have some closure to her disappearance. Then again, I was not ready to accept any worse case scenarios with regards to her fate.

"하루 종일 너만 생각나~"

I sang the line before the last chorus of our cover. All day, I was thinking about Jin Jin, and this has motivated me to sing well and perform my best for her, wherever she may be.

As the song ended with the four of us harmonising together, I took a quick glance at the staff. There, I saw Huh Gak sunbaenim watching us closely and he was very impressed by our singing. However, at the other end of the room, a familiar figure showed up.

A way too familiar figure.

~ ~ ~

(Hyunjin POV)

1440...a song by soloist Huh Gak. That's what I learnt Weeekly was going to cover when I asked if I could urgently speak with Monday regarding this past of mine. Of course I got my manager to contact Weeekly's manager to arrange an opportunity to meet up. The two of them have been on good terms thanks to Jihan being a die-hard Orbit.

But just in case, I had to rope in Yves unnie's help to pass a message to Monday regarding my thoughts and suspicions. Since the members know more about my past (except for one crucial memory I didn't have the heart to tell them yet), I could slowly convince them to help me. One step at a time, Hyunjin.