Chapter Sixty- Six

Start from the beginning

The woman chuckled a dry laugh and one that was pleasing to the ears. "You're borrowing the Avalon's spirit, that doesn't necessarily mean you're special,"

"Well, she likes me, so she lets me do cool stuff with her powers,"

"What do you want, Colette?" Asked Isabella and it was probably the first time the girl heard her name come from the woman's mouth. It was profound, the feeling that was incited at the wonderful way she enunciated her name. The woman's accent made it sound exotic when it was just a regular, old name.

"I've come to talk to you,"

"I thought I told Adira I didn't want to be summoned or contacted or visited,"

"You never said I couldn't summon or contact you," replied the brunette and the look she received from Isabella would've sliced old Colette right through the feels, one that would've made her gulp for air but she was unfazed now.

"Why didn't you bring the fluffy one, ragazza marmellata?" Asked the raven head when it was clear the girl intended on being recalcitrant as always.

"Because I didn't want to traumatize my poor baby,"

"You should've mastered warping first before you visited me, maybe then you wouldn't have had to worry about scaring your dog or even bruising your knees,"

"I was talking about Lottie getting scarred from seeing you,"

Isabella frowned but truly she fought back the urge to grin. She had to give it to Colette, when she wasn't stressed and in fear, she had a wonderful personality one that she could enjoy, something she hated to admit even to herself.

"You still haven't answered my question, girl. Why are you here?"

"Before I do, is this what you're doing while the world is literal shit right now, sitting out here drinking wine before noon?"

The older devil without missing a beat said, "Yes. I cannot be bothered by these tedious things. I did what I had to do, so now I'm resting,"

"You call the world being overrun by supernatural creatures, tedious?"

"You haven't been alive that long have you? How old are you anyway?"

"Grown."

"Well, miss grown, when you've been alive as long as I have and have witnessed the things I've seen, this will seem like nothing. With the right forces, this nonsense could be quelled in a matter of days but you people haven't even lifted a hand to wipe your arses let alone to reinforce order,"

"That's because we've been busy planning for the union and gathering people, appointing people in positions so things could get done because if you have forgotten, a shit ton of people died,"

"A simple ceremony where the two of you exchanged some cheesy vows shouldn't take that long and would suffice,"

"You forgot to mention the part where we have to do that in the middle of a freaking apocalypse,"

"You should blame Adira for that. The union should've happened weeks before," Retorted Isabella.

"She wants you to come, it's why I'm here," confided Colette and immediately Isabella grimaced in her face.

"I insanire oportet!"

"English please, not all of us could speak Latin like you,"

"I will not come to such a thing," responded Isabella. She tried to reach for her goblet but Colette did a thing. She manipulated the cup, causing it to cement to the surface of the table. So as the woman tried to lift it, the entire table moved. It irritated Isabella but she said nothing.