Lesson 33: Homecoming Can Be A Disaster

Start from the beginning

"Now, how about we go to school?" I suggested, grinning. He started up the car, reaching for a fry. I slapped his hand.

"Hey, eyes on the road, mister."

"You just want my food, don't you?"

"You know me too well."

*****

"Hey, where have you guys been? They've been playing your favourite songs, Amber!" Selena said when Joe and I walked to her and Shane.

"We had a quick stop at McDonald's." I told her, and she nodded, smirking.

"Sure you did." She replied, winking, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Hey, have you seen Alice?" I suddenly asked, and she nodded and pointed somewhere in the room. I looked over to where she was pointing, and sure enough Alice was at the snacks table, eating ice-cream.

Old habits die hard.

I walked towards her, feeling pretty nervous. I wanted to make up with her, because even though she'd been extremely bratty to me and Selena, I missed my best friend.

"Hey, Alice." I greeted awkwardly once I'd reached her. She nodded at me.

"You look really pretty tonight." I complimented, and she nodded again.

"Can you say something?!" I snapped, and she pointed at her bulging cheeks, and then swallowed.

"Sorry, I was a bit busy with my ice-cream." She said, grinning. I nodded.

See how you like it.

"Listen Alice, I just want to say-"

"Amber, I want to say-"

We both looked at each other and started laughing.

"I'm sorry, Alice. Well, I don't really know what I'm apologising for..." I trailed off and she sighed.

"Amber, I'm really sorry. I was blinded by jealousy, I couldn't see that you and Joe are practically made for each other! I was horrible, and I really regret doing the things I did to you and Selena." She apologised, looking ashamed. I nodded.

"Look, what you did was horrible, and I think I can forgive you in a while but it'll take quite a long time for Selena to forgive you." I told her and she nodded, tears in her eyes.

"So, do you want things to go back to normal?" She asked quietly. I nodded and smiled.

"Sure. Now, go apologise to Selena!" I said, and she gave me a quick nod, about to walk away when she suddenly gasped, a horrified expression on her face.

"What is it?" I asked, starting to turn around.

"No! Amber, don't look!" She said, and out of no-where Joe, Selena and Shane were by my side.

But I didn't listen and turned around.

Then slowly felt my heart being torn to pieces and being stamped on.

Derek and Maria were making out. Not a little kiss, full on making out, and it was disgusting. Maria pulled away from him and steadied a swaying Derek, and we she saw me looking at her she smirked at me.

"He's a nice kisser!" She called out to me then carried on kissing my boyfriend.

Joe stormed up to Derek, pulled him away from Maria and punched him hard in the face, making him fall to the ground and everyone gasp. While Shane tried to pull Joe off him, Selena lunged at Maria, slapping her and they carried on screeching and hitting each other.

I just stood there, frozen in shock.

"There was probably something in the drink." Alice told me, trying to make me feel better. I just ignored her and ran outside as fast as I could in those heels, tears rapidly running down my face.

I kept on running until my legs gave in and I collapsed, weeping on the grass. I felt arms wrap around me and screamed, but I heard Joe whisper in my ear and calmed down.

"It's alright Amber, I'm here for you."

(JOE'S POV)

I saw the shocked and hurt look on Amber's face, then looked at Derek and Maria making out and saw red. I stormed up to him, roughly pulled his shoulder so he would be facing him and punched him as hard as I could.

I ignored everyone's gasps and kept on punching the jerk, Amber's face appearing in my mind making me even angrier. I only stopped when I felt someone pull me away from him.

"Stop wasting your time on this idiot and go after your girl!" Shane exclaimed. I nodded and slapped him on the back with my good hand and ran after Amber.

I saw her collapse on the grass and quickly knelt down next to her, wrapping my arms around her. She started screaming but I quickly whispered in her ear and felt her visibly relax.

"It's alright Amber, I'm here for you."

Today's Lesson: Homecoming Can Be A Disaster

****

Can I get an 'aww'? Alright everyone, together now!

AWWWWWWW!

I actually enjoyed writing this chapter, especially that Jamber moment. I'm extremely happy because:

The Damber ship has tragically sunk.

The Jamber ship is safely sailing

Okay, I admit, I was Team Joe all the way, if it wasn't that obvious. Don't judge.

Anywayzzzz....

Do you like Derek now?

Who needs a knife for Maria?

Who feels sorry for that David- DANIEL guy? xD

Isn't Amber and Joe SO cute together?!

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!

So, vote and comment, and sorry about any mistakes! I've uploaded this quite late so there might be a lot. I'll post today's song later, and yeah!

OMG. 2 CHAPTERS LEFT. SO SOON. UGH.

I need to go now *sniff* if I stay any longer I might end up re-writing the whole story because I don't want it to end...

BYE!! :'(