(16.) Outcast Like The Dead.

Začít od začátku

At that moment, electricity coursed through the wires and into the machines. Not big, just small like the box finally coming to life.

"Holy shit."

"Cool, eh?"

Bootie retained his spirit. He never lost it through the control taken and events leading to the utter bull shut we all had to put up with. In some ways, he was annoying.

In others, he was incredibly useful.

"Besides, I have a plan."

I turned in interest. Sitting down with my legs crossed, I leaned close to indicate I showed to be listening to Boogie. After all, he was my only ally as this moment.

My ex-ally happens to be under control of a psychotic doll using them for her own purpose.

God, I wanted this to be a dream.

Bron stayed standing whilst leaning against the pier chord. The electricity seemed to make him content in recurving more power to be awake. I internally begged he didn't have a battery.

The situation can't get worse.

"We use the little ones." At my confused expression, he chuckled manically. "Use the little shits we call minis. Believe it or not, they can provide pretty good distractions."

Boogie's digital fsce expression changed to bored as he reveal a mini version of Huggy swinging on his arm like a regular child. It was disturbing how...normal they acted without Poppy's influence.

"Wee!" It swung side to side, then waved at me as if we were friends. "Hi, human! Huggy really likes you!-"

"Well, thanks!"

"Enough to keep your head as a trophy!"

They giggled at a high pitch. I exchanged links with Boogie and next thing the mini knew, he was being sent off his arm and right into a wall.

Little. Fucking. Shit.

The robot acts more human than the organ filled toy. How ironic.

"Thanks."

"I said they were useful." Boogie commented, irritated at their antics. "I never said I liked them. I don't have enough to invade theirs. I want to kill each one of them. But, no, Poppy wants them for other small tasks like soacws that can't be filled with our sizes."

I nodded. Staring at the mini, I picked it up in my arms as it started crying. For some reason, I felt the urge to comfort the little thing.

My mistake really.

The mini instantly shirked as if I was the one on the giving end of pain. Another mini barged and then multiple were trying to shove me. I looked at Boogie and his digital expression faded, leaning only the eyes visible.

His expression must've been limited.

Probably his programming.

"C'mon." Boogie prodded the mini off me. He gave them a seat in his arms as little swings and playgrounds to distract them. "Off the human unless you're willing to help."

They all paused. Swearing to God, I heard their necks snap to attention at Boogie's statement. Their interest may have been peaked.

"Help?"

Someone called in the darkness. I glanced at the shadows and someone stepped out. A bigger mini, slightly bigger and having a more serious look on him. He was the leader.