The Mystic Inn

"And now ladies and gentlemen....mostly gentlemen, I give you my new calender, Sure to heat up your 2012 even the Winter Months!"

I cringed as my Mother waved her calender at the crowd of bawing idiots all of whom were staring at her chest and not listening to a word of the scripted drivel she was babbling on about and in fairness you couldn't blame them when her 34 double Ds were only kept in place by a flimsy scrap of red cloth that tied at the back. As soon as the go ahead was given they all rushed at the table to buy their copy and have her sign it.

I should probaly explain. Mummy dearest wasn't your typical old dear she was a glamour model. Well thats putting it lightly really she was THE Glamour model, Lola Banks and no thats not her real, her real name is Martha but if you wanted die a slow and painful death you would call her that in public.

"I can't believe we have to put up with this for the rest of the night" I sighed glancing over at my boyfriend Derek. His eyes were focused on the two huge orbs of my mothers that were threatening to escape from the confides of her....whatever that cloth thing was suppose to be. "AHEM!" I coughed loudly elbowing him in the ribs. "Ouff....Jesus Kylie" he groaned doubling over.

At long last the signing was over but my tourment didn't stop there as we were hoarded into the garish pink limo and headed towards the launch party. "That went well" Lola crooned beaming from ear to ear. "You were great Mrs Banks" Derek gushed like a love strucken school boy from the seat beside me. I glared at him and his cheeks burned crimson and he turned his head away to stare out the window embarrassed.

We pulled up outside "Posh Totty" one of those tacky high end clubs full of posers and football players. It was needless to say Lola's favorite. Derek and I were escorted in the side entrance while Lola had to walk the red carpet they had rolled out for her at the front and sign autographs.

I sat in the darkest corner I could find while Derek went to get us drinks. "There you go babe, vodka and black current". "Thanks" I mumbled half heartdly. "You know you shouldn't be so hard on your Mom Kylie, I think she is pretty cool" Derek confessed. O yeah, he thought she was pretty cool alright, thats why he stared like an idiot when ever she was around. "She is dead pretty too" Derek went on "not as pretty as you though" he said taking my hand under the table. I let out a sigh and gave his hand a little sqeeze. "I am sorry if I am in major bitch mode todak Derek I just hate all this showbiz crap and trust me the Lola you see and the Lola I know are two very diffrent people". Derek shrugged reaching over to kiss my cheek "Just try and be patient with her babe".

Just as he said it there she was sauntering in our direction in her hooker heels followed by her 5 foot nothing agent Karl. "Kylie baby, the photographers want some snaps of us together, show how close we are" she beamed. I rolled my eyes to heaven. "Lola I really don't want to" I groaned. "Oh Kylie pleeeeaassse, this is imporant and I told you already to call me Mom infront of the public, it doesn't look right having you call me by my name like that". "Maybe I should call you Martha" I mused. Her face froze in horror and she looked around to make sure no one had heard. "Kylie don't be difficult darling". "Fine I will take the pictures".

"My, my haven't you grown up" Karl proclaimed as I stepped away from the corner table. "Oh Lola she is like a younger version of you, maybe she could follow in your footsteps, she certiantly has the assets for it". I shuddered and folded my arms in front of my chest. "O' don't be silly Karl, Kylie couldn't do what I do" Lola snapped obviously annoyed. Karl didn't seem to agree by the way he was leering at me. "Can we get this over with" I interupted.

I plastered on a smile as the  paps flashed some pics of me and Lola side by side, her with her arm around my waist gushing to everyone who would listen about our fabulous mother daughter relationship and how we were always being mistaken for sisters. If they only knew I thought to myself.

I spent most of the rest of the night hidden away in the corner with Derek getting more and more embarrased the drunker Lola got and her and some group of idiot girls all dressed up to look like her pranced around doing dance moves that most people would get arrested for indecent exposure for.

I had finally had enough when they red clothy top type thing finally gave and out popped the the double Ds to the delight of the paps who immeaditly light the club up with camera flashes. Of course Lola just shrugged her shoulders and took her sweet time about putting the top if you could call it that back in place. "Clumsy me" she drawled drunkly.

"Ugh I can't take this" I told Derek storming to the bathroom. Thankfully it was empty, everyone was to busy gaping at my Mothers runaway boobs. I splashed water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror. It was true we looked so alike. Same long blonde hair although Lolas were more on the platnium side as she had lightend more than it already was. Same pouty lips and of course as Karl had put it "same assets". But there was a diffrence between us. I wasn't going to follow in her footsteps. I didn't want to be anything like her. It wasn't that I thought there was anything wrong with glamour modelling I was just terrified of ending up like her.

"Kylie are you in here!". I braced myself as she stumbled through the door. "There you are sweetie, you have been in her half an hour your boyfriend, whats his name...David, is looking for you". "It Derek" I corrected her. "Why are you hiding in here anyway" she slurred. I shrugged my shoulders. Lola sneered...."Jealous of the attention I am getting". I snorted "Yes Lola, I wish I could be the peoples clown....I am so jealous". "Don't you get any ideas Kylie, Karl doesn't know what he is talking about" she snarled poking me in the chest. "What in the name of God are you talking about?" I said trying to push past her but she stood in the way. "Think just because you look like me you can take my place...you can't Kylie, there is only one Lola Banks and it doesn't matter how much younger you are, I am number one!" she hissed. I almost laughed "Lola, I don't want to be a fucking glamour model....you are a delusional, insecure alcaholic who is jealous of her own daughter....get a grip" I screamed at her before psuhing her aside and storming back into the club.

I looked around for Derek but couldn't find him anywhere. I was waiting around to find him. I needed to get out this place. Pulling out my phone I text him "Really sorry Derek, felt sick had to go home, ring you tomorrow xxx" I pulled a taxi outside and got in. "Wow...do you know who you look like?" the taxi driver said llooking back at me. "Let me guess Lola Banks?" I asked. "Spot on love" the taxi driver told me. "Although she doesn't look as good as you anymore, maybe in her prime eh?" he laughed as he titled his mirror in a blatent attempt to look down my top.

It was 3am when I woke and despite not having drank much at the club I could still feel the start of a headache begininng to throb. I kicked my blankets aside and made my way down to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I fumbled for the light switch and my breath caught in my chest. There was Lola spread eagle on the kitchen counter with Derek, trousers around his ankles inbetween her legs. His face went white when he seen me and he struggled to pull them up falling back onto the kitchen floor with a thud. He finally managed to dress himself and stand up. "I....I...Kylie...I thought you were asleep". But I wasn't listening I was staring at Lola as he readjusted her skirt and stupid red top and jumped down fom the counter grinning like a maniac. "Don't look so suprised hunny...I told you, you couldn't be like me, even your boyfriend prefers me". I pushed Derek out of the way and slapped her in the face with all my might. Her head spun side ways and her mouth fell open in shock. I raised my hand again but Derek grabbed it "Calm down Kylie". "Oh David....keep her away from me...she is gone crazy" my Mother sobbed holding her face.

I pulled my arm free of Dereks grip. "Get out of here Derek". "Now look lets just relax ok" he said trying to sound confident. "GET OUT!!!" I shrieked. He didn't need to be told twice and bolted for the door. When he had gone I turned my attention back to Lola. She looked afraid...."Now Kylie don't do anything silly, I was just fooling around, me and David we were just playing...honest" she insisted her voice cracking. "Its Derek, Lola! his name is Derek!" I turned and stormed back out into the hall and ran upstairs. Lola ran after me confused. She had expected me to stay and shout at her more maybe even slap her again. "Kylie...darling...what are you doing?" she shouted after me. I stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down at her. She looked alot older with her makeup starting to fad and her lipstick smeared. I almost felt sorry for her.....almost. "I am packing my stuff and I am leaving and I never want to see you again!"