Christmas special (canon)

Start from the beginning

That question taunted me on many sleepless nights. There was just so much going on with Belos, Zoe, Alador and Odalia that how could we just start a normal relationship?

Still, I refused to not talk to someone who was still an amazing friend so I initiated the conversation. "It must be weird living with Nick and Lilith?"

Amity looked over. "Well Lilith has been training me for years so I'm used to her being around but Nick is... interesting." Amity joked.

"Yeah I can imagine." I laughed.

"Oh and he hates it if you walk in on him dyeing his hair." Amity added with a gleeful smile.

"Oh no you didn't." I laughed as Amity nodded, barely stopping herself from cracking up.

"All I wanted to dye my roots again." Amity said as she pointed to her now purple hair.

"Well it looks great." I said shyly and Amity blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Hey Luz." Amity began, sounding a bit more serious. "I know before you went home I said if you stayed here we could get together."

"Yeah i remember." I respond.

"And I do still really like you." Amity continued with a nervous blush. "But I just don't know if i'm ready to start dating with everything going on."

I could see clear pain on the girl's face, this was agony for her and sympathy flooded my heart. "Amity." I said as Amity met my gaze. "I understand."

"You do?" Amity responded with surprise. "You don't hate me?"

I smiled softly at the girl. Despite them now not being able to physically affect Amity anymore, the blight's influence was still evident on her. She still would blame herself constantly and eating was an active struggle. I don't know if what they did to Amity can ever fully be undone but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

"Amity I could never hate you." At that Amity gave a soft smile with filled me with warmth. "I will wait for you, and when you are ready, you know where to find me."

"You're a good friend Luz." Amity said softly. "Thank you."

We soon arrived at Skara's house and knocked on the door. A tall stern looking woman opened the door and glanced down at us. "What can I do for you girls? She asked with seriousness.

"Is Skara here?" Amity asked with a tone of voice that told me she was familiar with this woman but not very fond of her.

"Yes she is." The woman responded. "Most likely still goofing off with that new girlfriend of hers instead of studying." She added with clear distaste in her voice. "I will fetch them."

The woman then closed the door, leaving me and Amity to wait. "Well she's..." I said, trying to find a nice word to describe her.

"A bitch." Amity finished the sentence.

"Amity!" I gasped, though failing to hold back my laughter.

"Well she is!" Amity defended. "Ever since her husband died she's been way colder to Skara. Something I have can relate to."

"Well i suggest you don't let her hear you call her that." I giggled.

After a few moments Skara and Boscha opened the door. "Hey guys!" Skara smiled happily, contrasting the slightly annoyed face Boscha was seemingly always wearing.

"Hey you two." I smiled. "We're doing a Christmas party at the Owl house if you guys wanna come."

"Is this why you texted us telling us to get gifts for people I don't really care for."Boscha asked grumpily.