Chapter 17 - The Honeymoon

A month after the wedding...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

A whole month has passed since the wedding happened, and while I was happy that I got married to the best girl in the world, I feel like I have gone anywhere exciting lately. Obvious the only way to fix this is to go on a honeymoon, but with Lisa and I running our own bakery, it was hard for us to find some free time. Thankfully, after going through the calendar, I discovered that Lisa and I are closing the bakery while the interior was getting an upgrade.

This was the chance I was looking for, and so, I began to think of ideas on where we should go for our honeymoon. I know I should probably do this with Lisa, but I want to surprise her with all of this.

"Sorry for leaving you for a while, Ako kept talking to me on the phone for a while." Lisa said as she came towards me.

"Oh, no need to say sorry. It is something Ako would do." I said and let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right." Lisa giggled as she sat down next to me and saw what I was doing.

"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked while looking at everything.

Realizing that, I quickly put everything.

"Oh, umm... n-nothing." I answered her nervously.

"Are you sure? Are you hiding something from me?" She asked me with a sad face. Well, basically, I am hiding the plans to our honeymoon from her, but I wanted to surprise her as mentioned before.

"I wouldn't say that... Lets just say that I am planning a special surprise for you." I said.

Lisa let out a smile upon hearing that.

"Really? You are? That is so sweet of you!" She said and started to hug me.

I hugged her back.

"Are we going somewhere?" She asked.

"Yes, but that is your only hint." I told her.

"Aww, are you being serious?" Lisa pouted.

"Yes, I am."

I think Lisa wanted to get more information out of me, but she didn't bother to try. Instead, she gave me a smile and said...

"I can't wait to see what my surprise is."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked away to another part of the house, leaving me alone with my plans.

"Alright, back to planning the best surprise for my Lisa." I said.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - The Mountains, cabin

Today was finally our honeymoon, and of course, I never told her that. As for where we are, we are in the mountains because according to Moca, the mountains would be the best place to get a look at the sunset. And when I heard that, I was more determined to see that sunset with the love of my life.

As we made it to the mountains, we got to our cabin and started to unpack our car.

"(Y/N), is this mountain cabin really our honeymoon?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah, I know it's not 100% romantic, but it is the best I can do." I said.

"That's fine, it's the thought that counts, after all." Lisa replied and kissed me on the cheek.

We walked inside and the cabin does look nice on the inside. It even has a fireplace in case it ever snows, and that is just the living room. The bedroom, kitchen and backyard get points from me as well.

"Wow, are you sure we are in the right place?" Lisa asked, feeling overwhelmed.

"Yeah, we are. I know why you think that, though." I replied.

Lisa smiled at me.

"Tell me, do you have any more surprises in store for you?" She asked.

"Well, I was told that there was a lake nearby that we can go check out." I said.

"A lake, huh? That could be fun to go check out.' She said with a smile.

"Then I'd say, let's go find it as soon as possible." I said.
______________________________________

20 minutes later...

Location - The Mountains, Lakeside

After walking around for a while, we finally found the lake that we were looking for. And it was a sight to behold.

"Looks like we found it." I said to Lisa.

"Yeah, and about time, too. My feet started to hurt." Lisa complained.

I giggled.

"Okay, let's have a nice long rest before going home." I said.

Thankfully there was a bench nearby. I sat down on it while Lisa decided to dip her feet in the lake, and she looked happy by the end of the day.
______________________________________

Location - The Mountains, Cabin

After visiting the lake, Lisa and I began to make our way over to the cabin, just in time to see the sunset. We sat outside on the porch, and watched the sun from there. The sun was beginning to set, and the sky was looking beautiful.

"(Y/N)... thank you." Lisa said as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"Thank me? What for?" I asked.

"For bringing me all the way over here for our honeymoon." She said and snuggled up against me a little.

"No problem at all. I'm sorry I couldn't do a little more." I said.

"Don't worry about that. As long as I have you, this is more than enough for me." She said and kissed me on the lips.

This is why I love Lisa so much, and even if there was another girl, I doubt she would be as kind and caring as Lisa. And we finished watching the sunset without worrying about anything else.

To be continued

A/N: That is that for chapter 17. Thank you guys for reading, and I hoped you guys liked it. This book is starting to come to an end, so Lisa simps, better make this moment last. See you in the next chapter and have a good one. :)