16 (Side Story)

Tzuyu's POV:

"Tzu, where are you right now?" Dad asked as I answer his call.

"I'm in a resort with Momo unnie. We'll be having a shooting for her cosmetics and Chaeng's clothing products."

"I called 'cause manang told me you went out with your luggage. I mean it's been a week since you arrived there. Anyway, you're with Chaeng?"

"Uhm...Y-yes, dad... Why?"

"So when are we going to meet her again?"

My parents approved my relationship with Chaeng back then. As a matter of fact, they liked her even before we were together. I mean, who wouldn't? She's so determined and passionate about everything she does. She works hard for what she wants. She can dance, sing and has a thing for art. There's nothing she can't do, she's just perfect. And her looks is just a bonus tho.

"I'll ask her dad."

After the call, I looked for Momo unnie to ask her to accompany me to the beach 'cause I feel like I need some fresh air. Momo unnie and I will be staying in the same room for our stay while Chaeng would be staying with her secretary.

I went out alone when I can't find her in our room. I wander around the resort until my feet bring me to one of the pool areas. Chaeng is sitting there in the poolside while her feet are soaked in the water.

I walk towards her but a woman approaches her. When she saw the woman she extended her right arm towards the woman and the latter did the same and intertwined their hands. She looks familiar to me. Where did I see her? Hm... Yeah, she was that girl in the bar, she was with Chaeng. The woman then leans her head on Chaeng's shoulder. They look so sweet.

Should I approach them? Or should I get out of here? I don't know. I froze in where I am. I can't seem to move my feet. Suddenly, a hand grab my arm and made me turn around.

"Don't look at them, Tzu... You're just trying to hurt your self." Momo unnie said as she hugs me.

Momo unnie... She is that one person who is always by my side when I needed someone. She visited me in the US from time to time. I felt at home in a foreign country because she was there. I was comforted by her presence whether she's with me physically or by phone call. I am not that stupid to not know that she sees me more than just a friend and she's girlfriend material but...

"We can't wait to see your future with Chaeng."

"She promised me, Momo unnie." Momo unnie pulled away from the hug to wipe a tear in my cheeks. "She told me she won't leave me."

"Tzu..."

Unnie looks at me... I know. I know exactly what she would tell me. She always makes sure to keep me grounded.

"You left her first..." I was right, I knew she would tell me that. Yes, I left her but I had my reasons maybe if she could hear my side... Then... Maybe we could still fix it.

"There are a lot of things that happened when you left. Almost every day, Chaeng would get drunk after working until midnight. She almost lost her company, Tzu."