A Month To Live (3)

Börja om från början

'That's a stupid reason to run away; how would my mom give me more attention when I'm not even with her?' I said with an eye roll. Bradley chuckled slightly - for once not in a mocking or sarcastic way. I kind of liked the sound of it. 'Anyway,' I said, getting more business like. 'You better not tell anyone.'

'Why would I tell? I'm not a douche.' 

'Man, you need to take a look in a mirror, Bradley,' I told him seriously, a smile curved the corner of my mouth.

'Whatever. So why did you-' he began. 

'Hey, look there's some people over there!' I exclaimed, trying to deter him from the question of "why". That was something I really didn't want to answer. I barely even knew this guy anyway so I didn't feel obligated to tell him. I just had to keep him sweet enough to not tell anyone else.

I ran over to the group where Remi had disappeared into and found her chatting to that Kyle guy still. He was even better looking up close. He had a friendly face, kind eyes.

'Oh, Kyle this is Raegan, she's new - started yesterday,' Remi said, introducing me.

'Hey,' he said giving me a warm smile. 'How are you finding it?' 

'It's okay,' I shrugged. 'Obviously I would rather not be here, but you know. It is what it is.'

'She's like a female version of Bradley,' Remi told him, rolling her eyes. 'Finally someone to match his evil sarcasm.' 

'Oh really?' another guy grinned. 'Finally, we need someone who can put him in his place.' 

I performed a short bow. 'I'm glad I can be that someone.' 

For the next few minutes I was being introduced to a few more faces. There were two more girls one called Lisa - who I was told about yesterday - and another called Tara. They seemed nice enough. Lisa introduced me to her boyfriend - Davy and his friend George. That pretty much made up the group. Remi, Hayley, Lisa, Tara, Davy, George, Bradley and now me. Apparently there was some other guy called Tommy but he wasn't in today and by the way some of the others talked about him they didn't seem too bothered. Interesting.

The bell rang and as we made our way to class, Bradley caught up with me and said 'I will get you to tell me why you left. Believe me.' He disappeared into the crowd. 

'God damnit, I do believe him,' I grumbled, starting down a random corridor with a frown. I was such a loser. I couldn't even keep a secret for three days without someone catching on. Or maybe he was just too observant. Perhaps it was just a bit of both.

'Hey Raegan, you're in my English class now,' Lisa said, dragging me in the completely opposite direction to which I was going.

After two lessons in which I learned not a thing, we were allowed a twenty minute break. I made my way to the cafeteria and when I opened the doors I was very proud of myself for having found it on my own. I'd lost the school map already.

As soon as I stepped inside, I was ambushed by Remi; she grabbed my arm and dragged me backwards.

'Okay, I'm down with the rough play but I don't want to ruin the relationship we have. Can't we just remain friends-' I began, putting on a panicked face.

'Oh Raegan you're so weird,' she said with a laugh. 'We're going outside for break because it's a nice day. The others don't want to because they're absolute hermits. I was trying to tempt them out with these.' She held out her hand to me, showing the candy in her palm. I wrinkled my nose slightly at the terribleness of her plan.

'I really don't think that will wo-' I began but I was cut off.

'Oh please Remi, give us some candy,' a whiny voice called from behind us.