Prologue - Silence

Read it. See it. Feel it! Breath it!! LIVE IT!! Oh yeah and maybe vote it, so i have greater interest in writing this (you need it since you live it, so you better vote now!)

-the Author

Long lost times ago, when there was nothing but a radiant force so destructive it could be described as the essence of chaos and perfect order. In this seemingly inhabitable place, one thing stood solid, or rather not so solid, for it was a substance rather than a body of any kind. Glistening blue-silver with a touch of purple, it twitched in the floods of destructive 'null' energy. Not apparant, though it had a mind of its own and could think just as anyone, no probably farther and more complicated thoughts went through its mind than most could comprehend. Normally, of course, any matter within said dimension would perish due to the immense pressure and destructiveness, but this one did not. The reason was simple: It was constantly absorbing any energy that would harm it, to the point where it no longer needed to fear energy from outside its body. This didn't mean that it wouldn't fear it altogether. Quite the opposite, as it slowly succumbed to the power and its body began to crumble over the many thousands of years. It cursed itself that it didnt have what it took to withstand its own power, that it as well, as all those things that once exsited, would perish in the face of the "null" energy. But it didn't give up. If it couldn't handle it, perhaps it might be able to seal it away. Sure, it would take an incomprehensible amount of time, but the effort would be worth it. But that would require some sort of body to contain all the energy. So there were two options. Either evolve into a higher species to get that kind of body, or create something new to take on some of the burden. The burden to act as a sort of key to this dimension until someone who could use it would open it again. That was the plan. And so it began, sperating a part of its own body, imbuing it with vast amounts of power. Then to shape it into a form more unique than any it had ever seen before. The best of all sides. Wings, scales, deadly breath, claws. When finished, it breathed life into it. With that, it was done. A new bearer of the burden that was the fate of existence itself. It called this one "Dragon", as in the old tales of mystical worms. It would probably not be able to use the destructive energy, but it might be able to find its way out of this hell and thus, even if barely possible, both of them could survive. With that, having spent too much energy creating this new "dragon", its vision went dark, even darker than the pitch black world it had lived in until then. It was ready to sleep, to lock away this power it couldn't handle.