"But why not keep the master bolt for yourself?" Y/n asked, "Why send it to Hades?"

The war god had a twitch in his jaw, "Why didn't I...yeah..With that kinda firepower..." he held trance leaving the four in confusion before Ares's face cleared, "I didn't want trouble. Better have you caught redhanded holding the thing."

"You're lying," Percy spoke, "Sending the bolt to the Underworld wasn't your idea was it?"

"Of course it was!"

"You didn't order the theft," Percy guessed, "Someone else sent a hero to steal two items. Then, when Zeus sent you to hunt him down, you caught the thief. But you didn't turn him over to Zeus. Something convinced you to let him go. You kept the items until another hero could come along and complete the delivery. That thing in the pit is ordering you around."

"I am the god of war! I take orders from no one! I don't have dreams!"

Y/n knitted her eyebrows, a look of confusion, "Who said anything about dreams?"

Ares looked agitated but tried to cover it with a smirk, "Let's go back to the problem at hand kid. He's alive," he pointed to Percy, "I can't have you taking that bolt to Olympus. You might get those hardheaded idiots to listen to you. So I've got to kill you. Nothing personal."

He snapped his fingers and sand exploded, out charged a wild boar. The beast pawed the sand, glaring at Percy with beady eyes.

The boy stepped into the surf, "Fight me yourself, Ares."

He laughed, "You've got only one talent kid, running away. You ran from the Chimera and the Underworld. You don't have what it takes."

"Scared?"

"In your adolescent dreams. No direct involvement. Sorry kid. You're not on my level."

Annabeth yelled, "Percy run!"

The boar charged but Percy stayed. He uncapped his pen and sidestepped. He slashed upwards and the boar's severed right tusk fell at his feet while the animal charged into the sea.

"Wave!" Percy shouted. Immediately, a wave surged up and engulfed the boar, wrapping it like a blanket. The beast squealed in terror before it was gone.

He turned back to Ares, "Are you going to fight me now or are you going to hide behind another pig?"

Ares's face was purple with rage, "Watch it kid. I could turn you into—"

"A cockroach. Or a tapeworm. Yeah, I'm sure. That'd save you from getting your godly hood whipped wouldn't it?"

Flames danced along the top of his glasses, "Oh man, you are really asking to be smashed into a grease spot."

"If I lose, turn me into anything you want. Take the bolt. If I win, the helm and bolt are mine and you have to go away."

Ares sneered, "How would you like to get smashed: classic or modern?"

Percy showed him his sword.

"That's cool dead boy. Classic it is." The baseball bat changed into a huge two handed sword, the hilt was a large silver skull with a ruby in it's mouth.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "Don't do this. He's a god."

"He's a coward."

"Wear this at least. For good luck." She took off her necklace with her five years' worth of beads and tied it around his neck, "Reconciliation. Athena and Poseidon together."

"Thanks." He smiled.

"And take this," Grover handed him a flattened tin can, "The satyrs stand behind you."