you started slightly bopping your head to the beat of the rock ballad, noticing rodrick glancing at you every now and then.

"you like it?" he spoke, sounding surprised.

"yeah... it's nice" you nodded and rodrick raised his eyebrows.

"the drums need a little work" he spoke after a bit and you turned to look at him, jokingly looking offended.

"the drums are fucking sick" you hit his arm gently and he chuckled.

"you're not serious..." he said, a smirk plastered on his face.

"why? cause he's better than y-" the familiar singer's voice started singing, making your eyes widen as you realized the song was performed by rodrick's band.

"I take it all back" you quickly spoke and rodrick burst out laughing.

"no you don't" he said and you looked away.

"come on..." rodrick spoke after a few seconds of silence, only his song sounding in the van.

"you liked it?" he hesitantly added.

you nodded a bit, rodrick's face lighting up before he parked the car near a park.

it wasn't those industrial, modern, concrete parks with fountains and benches all around... more like some grass and a swing set.

you opened the door to get out and as soon as you were about to jump off, rodrick pushed you back in and slammed the door, hitting your left knee.

"kidnapping me now?" you groaned, your knee aching.

"just being a gentleman" rodrick smirked and opened the door, chuckling to himself.

"you busted my fucking knee" you sighed, trying to get out of his van.

"fucking gentleman" you mumbled under your breath as rodrick kept laughing at how you couldn't step out of his vehicle.

"fUckINg gEntLEmAn" he made fun of your tone and you sighed again, looking up at him with a serious expression.

rodrick moved closer and his smirk dropped as he wrapped his arms around your waist, struggling to get you out of his van.

"I can walk..." you mumbled, your body tense under his touch.

"no you can't" he closed the door and carried you to the grass patch, his arms getting weaker and weaker.

he tried to sit you down on the grass, only for both of you to fall down, your hands quick enough to catch rodrick's torso from falling on yours.

you shared a few seconds of eye contact before he swiftly got off of you, laying down next to you.

"why did we even go out?" you spoke softly, gazing at the afternoon sky.

"I wanted to" he mumbled back, looking at you.

you hummed and watched as the moon slowly reached the middle of the sky, rodrick averting his gaze to the purple-ish sky.

"so pretty..." you mumbled, a small smile on your face.

"you've never seen the moon before?" rodrick chuckled and you looked at him before speaking again.

"I have... doesn't mean it's not pretty anymore"

rodrick stayed quiet looking at you, watching as you softly spoke and everything slowly went darker and darker.

"what?" you mumbled softly, not wanting to disturb the peace of the empty, dark park.

"nothing... go on" rodrick whispered back and you turned your gaze back at the now more clearly spotted moon.

"I don't know, I just feel like it's amazing how simplistic the moon looks and yet we love to watch and analyze its every move..." you blurted out, a small smile on your face.

rodrick quietly moved closer to you, hoping you wouldn't notice.

"what are you doing?" you said, watching him.

"nothing. just go on" he looked away, then back at the moon.

"like... for example the way the moon rotates around the earth... or how the moonlight gets so bright and..." you spoke after some silent thinking.

you heard a soft hum near your shoulder, bringing your attention to rodrick. he was now leaning on your shoulder, his eyes closed and his usual soft smirk on his lips.

"but you don't want me to bore you with all that..." you whispered and rodrick shot his head up, your faces closer than ever.

you felt a slight shiver, which rodrick noticed, and immediately looked away. he watched you shiver once more, his shoulder still leaning on yours.

"you're cold?" rodrick sat up, noticing the closeness between you.

"no... I'm fine" you mumbled, still looking away and rodrick glanced at his van, thinking.