"Asgard is not a place. Its the people." Thor stated, staring at Hela's slow and dramatic approach. I couldn't help but eyeroll at her theatrics, but was also grateful as it gave us time to load Asgard onto a small ship. 

"Loki." Thor turned to face him, eye wide. "This was never about stopping Ragnarok it was about causing Ragnarok. Suturs crown, the vault. Its the only way."

"Bold move brother. Even for me." Loki sighed. He turned and grabbed my arm, running back to the ship. 

"Loki, whats happening?" I asked. He turned to face me and planted a kiss on my lips. It was fleeting, yet seemed to clear the chaos around us.

"Go get in the ship. Stay with the boys. I'll be back. I love you." He said, turned on his heel and jumped in a small ship, heading to the palace. I took his word and helped Eir and Heimdall load the rest of Asgard onto the main ship. Heimdall shut the door and I cried out for Anette, my childhood friend who I entrusted my newly born children with.

"She's here, Sigyn." I heard someone cry, and followed the voice. Anette sat in the corner, in shock, with the boys in her arms. I burst into tears and dropped down by her side.

"They are okay?" I asked.

"They are beautiful." Anette whispered.

I took them in my arms and cried as they cooed up at me. Just as I started to feel we had won this battle, the ship rocked, and the crowd gasped. The door blew open wide as a spike broke through the floor. The two guards stationed at the door fought the soldiers from boarding, one being pushed to the side and groaning in agony as loud bang

s rang out and deafened all of us. The ship began to lift as I saw Executioner with two types of weapons I recognised as Migardian guns, firing them at the soldiers, and running out of the ship. This allowed the ship to lift and we were safely in the air. 

I heard my name being called. I looked over to see another guard leaned over the injured one, and my stomach dropped. Hugo. I gently passed the boys back to Anette and ran over, ripping his helmet off and examining his injuries.

"EIR! Where are you?" I cried. Instantly, she appeared. She peeled back the leather which lined Hugos chest plates to see a massive gash in his chest. She cursed under her breath and took a potion out of her belt, pouring it in the wound. Hugo screamed in agony, and I rushed to hold him down so he didn't rip open the wound with his thrashing.

"Hugo." I sobbed. "I love you. Please stay strong. It's going to be okay."

He seemed to calm down at my voice, looking over and meeting my eyes.

"Dahlia, our cousin." He said weakly. "She is dead. It is only us left."

"Which is why you must stay strong." 

"I remember the day we arrived at the palace. I was so young yet I remember everything."

"Dahlia saved our lives that day. Now she is at peace." I choked back more tears, trying to take my own advice and stay strong. "You are an uncle now."

Hugo smiled and propped himself up slightly, making Eir fuss. I looked over my shoulder at Anette, who brought the boys over.

"This is Narfi," I grinned. "And this is Vali."

Hugo smiled gently, weakly lifting his arm and cupping Narfi's head, and squeezing Vali's chubby toes. They both cooed and looked at Hugo with big, curious eyes. He chuckled.

"They take after their mother. Build an amazing life for them."

"You will be there." I assured, looking over at Eir to meet her eyes, filled with sadness and empathy. I bit my lip, tears welling once again in my eyes. I looked back at Hugo, who was going pale. I heard all of the chaos outside, and Thor, Valkyrie and Loki boarding. I looked up at Loki, who was frozen in shock at the sight of Hugo. Hugo followed me eyeline and looked up at Loki.

"Take care of her. Make it count." He groaned, in pain. I couldn't hold back the sobs anymore. I screamed as I watched his brilliant blue eyes fade to grey, and his hand go limp and fall on the ground next to his body. 

The crowd moved to the windows of the ship, watching the fall of Asgard. Anette stayed with me, and so did Loki. I felt numb. I cried for what felt like hours.

"He was strong, and died for Asgard. The gods will welcome him with mead and honey at the gates of Valhalla. A noble warrior." Loki said quietly. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him, sobbing into his chest. I felt his arms wrap around me and his face bury into my hair. Eir ripped her white underskirt of her clothes and gently placed it over Hugos face, saying a norse prayer quietly. 

"They look like you." Loki whispered. It was then I realised that he hadn't met his children. I took a breath to calm myself down and turned to Anette, taking Narfi gently and placing him in Loki's arms, then turning back and taking Vali for my arms. I sat down gently next to Hugo and pressed Vali against my chest. I looked up to see Loki, looking at Narfi, tears in his eyes.

"I do not deserve you." He said gently. "Yet I will treat you like a king. I will love you and your brother and your mother until the day I die."