He looks to Y/n, waiting for an answer, "Aphrodite. Goddess of love and beauty. Cabin ten."

"Not surprised." He whispered under his breath, "Are you allowed to fight?"

"You think just because Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty that her daughters and sons aren't allowed to fight? Pathetic, honestly."

"Is that why Clarisse called you beauty queen? Cause you a daughter of Aphrodite?"

"No, it's because I'm a horse,"

"Didn't think you shared the same blood as Chiron." Percy replied, "What about my dad? Who's he?"

"Undetermined." Annabeth replied, "Like Y/n said, nobody knows."

"Except my mother. She knew."

"Maybe not Percy. Gods don't always reveal their identities."

"My dad would've. He loved her."

Annabeth gave him a cautious look, not wanting to burst his bubble, "Maybe you're right. Maybe he'll send a sign. That's the only way to know for sure: your father has to send you a sign, claiming you as his son. Sometimes it happens." she shrugged.

"You mean sometimes it doesn't?"

Y/n ran her palm along the rail as Annabeth looked to the ground, "The gods are busy. They have a lot of kids and they don't always..." Y/n hesitates, "Well. Sometimes they don't care about us, Percy. They ignore us. Me and Annabeth were lucky enough to be claimed."

"So I'm stuck here? That's it? For the rest of my life?"

"It depends," Annabeth said, "Some campers only stay the summer. If you're a child of Aphrodite or Demeter, you're probably not a real powerful force. The monsters might ignore you, so you can get by with a few months of summer training and live in the mortal world the rest of the year. But for some of us, it's too dangerous to leave."

Annabeth continued, "We're year-rounders. In the mortal world, we attract monsters. They sense us. They come to challenge us. Most of the time, they'll ignore us until we're old enough to cause trouble—about ten or eleven years old, but after that, most demigod either make their way here or get killed off. A few manage to survive in the outside world and become famous."

The blondie scoffed, "Believe me, if I told you the names, you'd know them. Some don't even realize they're demigods. But very, very few are like that."

"Why haven't you left?" the boy looked towards Y/n who had her eyes stuck on her shoes.

"None of your business."

Percy nodded, not wanting to push her limit, "So monsters can't get in here?"

Annabeth shook her head, "Not unless they're intentionally stocked in the woods or specially summoned by somebody on the inside,"

"Why would anybody want to summon a monster?"

Y/n shrugged, "Practice fights. Practical jokes—I mostly do it for practical jokes though, it makes their reaction more fun,"

Annabeth continued, "The point is, the borders are sealed to keep humans and monsters out. From the outside, mortals look into the valley and see nothing unusual, just a strawberry farm."

"So you guys are a year-rounder?" The girls nodded, taking a beaded necklace out. Annabeth had a gold ring hung on it while Y/n's looked kinda like Luke's.

"We've been here since we were seven, every August, on the last day of the summer session, you get a bead for surviving another year. We've been here longer than most of the counselors, and they're all in college." Y/n said.