𝟬𝟮 | 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

— 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟐𝟏, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕

𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐍𝐘

𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐍𝐘

Six months. That's how long she'd been working on his costumes. It was also the span of how long she'd known him, the pop superstar himself.
When you're working for a man who's quite larger than the human mind can process, it humbles you. Every stitch, every thread. Every prick of a needle was a reminder that she'd come this far and would need to prove herself. After years of attempting to make her hobby of sewing and designing a serious career, this opportunity would skyrocket her status.

All in all, she needed to be successful.

"Lou, these look incredible!! You amaze me every time...your talent is remarkable." Says, Elodie.

Alouette flashes a smile, "You really think so? I was hoping they'd be perfect for MJ — they have to be."

"Are you kidding?" Elodie asks. "These are totally sure to knock his socks off, nothing far from impressive. I just wish Chan could see your progress."

Up and far away from their usual 'Beverly Hills lifestyle', Alouette and Elodie took it upon themselves to venture out and stay in New York City for a couple of months. Alouette imagined the sudden change of atmosphere to inspire her, or ignite a new flame she was unaware of having.
Between it and Paris, France, New York was thee place for fashion. After all, fashion week was held there and got bigger and bigger every year. She was without a doubt going to find something that would catch her creative glance.

So, they stayed in a penthouse together for the time being. Most days, Elodie lived alone at the house, while Alouette worked day and night to finish her projects at a nearby studio. She couldn't help herself when it came to working. Sometimes, she endured sleepless nights with no rest ever, but that didn't matter. Not until her job was complete.

Throughout all the hard work, she was missing her family and best friend, Chan. She'd gotten so busy with her modeling career, that she rarely had time for vacation getaways. In her case, New York would just simply have to wait.

"Oh, it's too bad she wasn't able to make it, I miss her like crazy."

"So do I...but that gets me thinking. In honor of Channing, let's have her favorite food. Takeout!"

Alouette laughs, "That does sound good."

_____

"Ms. Franc," A quiet voice says, knocking on her slightly cracked door. "Mr. Jackson is here to see you."

Alouette turns away from the mannequin she was working on and sees Michael. He walked right through the sliding doors of her office. His hands were hidden in his pockets and he wore a pearly white smile, happy to see his favorite designer. Alouette's assistant leaves the two behind.