Fever dream (Chapter 28) *A ฿ł₮ overdue Christmas and 3K special*

Začít od začátku

=*=

He gasped awake, taking a deep breath. He was alive, he was alive. He was alive? He groaned as a headache pulsed in his head, whatever feeling of calm that had happened in the... dream? Sure, a dream, a very vivid dream, a fever dream, he'll call it that. Whatever feeling of calm had evaporated into reality. Where the other world in his mind had been too favourable, this one was real, and painstakingly so. The light that stabbed into his eyes, the ache in his side, and the soreness in every part of his body were agony. But, it was real. He heard a deafening crash from... somewhere on his right, and a tingle of magical awareness brushed his senses. A sudden voice interrupted his thoughts, only this one was high-pitched and sounded anxious. "Loki!" The voice said. Said voice, he realized was Cassidy. He only groaned in response. Each word she was saying felt like they were being said through a speaker and directly into his ears, not at all helping his migraine.

"Loki! Are you ok!?" She screeched again. Cassidy, just please, please please be quiet. He thought agitatedly to himself, he only managed another verbal, jumbled groan. "Oh, um, uh... do you want me to be quieter?" She asked, lowering her voice to a near-whisper at the end. "Mhm." Was his only response, he was quite content with that suggestion. He was too exhausted to give a proper rhetorical answer. He was oddly tired, but that thankfully only meant that it was real- Cassidy was real, and so was the pain. He realized that pain was the singular matter he could use to differentiate fantasy from fiction. Pain was advantageous.

If someone, or something, he shivered at the thought, ever did seize control of his mind again they could easily make life-like copies or hallucinations of Cassidy, Thor, Frigga, Samantha, Reggie, pretty much anyone he knows and cares for. Or maybe, just maybe, the person who controlled his thoughts could make him hurt them. And he could not under any circumstance, let that happen. Never. While he wholeheartedly agreed that Cassidy could physically, and or mentally for that matter, hurt him, he knew that she probably wouldn't. So if a time came and they had to duel, she probably would lose unfortunately, she was too charitable, and that might get her killed.

It was the reason why he had been so hesitant to even interact with the drat stone. If he did somehow accidentally, or purposely, in this case, get Wanda's powers, and he had to fight any of his allies, and very few friends, then it would probably end up in a casualty. He, personally in the present moment, had no quarrels when faced with the suggestion of his death, in fact, he even would have accepted it perchance. He was; Currently, on the run from The mad titan, one of the most, if not the most feared being in the very near future, and the fact that Loki knows that the grape would have been been the cause of his death certainly wasn't earning him any extra points.

He's not wanted in any of the realms, and he'd be an absolute fool to even attempt to go to another area in between the realms. Speaking of the realms, though, maybe he could stay in Vanaheim, but that was a big maybe. While yes, he did still have Sigyn, it's been around a few hundred years since he last saw her, seeing as he had spent most of his time in childhood with Cassidy. Perhaps if she hadn't been there, he would have had a friendship with Sigyn, or maybe he would have even married her as the mortals had conjectured. But, that was all in the past, which was inalienable, at least for now. "Uh... Loki. Are you asleep?" Cassidy said softly.

"I was going to go to sleep, but I'm awake now." He replied as he sighed, and opened his eyes, and turned his head slowly to face Cassidy. She frowned slightly as she saw him wince a bit as he shifted his gaze to meet hers. "Are you sure you're ok?" She asked. "Yep," He paused, closing his eyes." fine, perfectly fine-" Cassidy cut him off. "Then why did my nightmare pre- prevention? is that the right word?" "Yes, that is the right word," Loki replied. Cassidy smiled. "Thank you, human- or alien I guess- dictionary, and thesaurus." Loki frowned. "What's a dictionary?" Cassidy sighed.