ACT I: THE BEWITCHES!

INSTA STORY. MORNING.

SARA styles her hair as she plasters a grin.

SARA

Hello beautiful people! Hope you're having a blessed day. I know I am! I just got asked out on a date by one of my church group friends and I said yes, he's quite sweet.

Comments and hearts flood her screen.

Awww thank you for all your kind words, I really appreciate it. I've been really having a hard time with certain...things. Sometimes I wonder why he even bothers? Like what's the point of planting these thoughts into my head if they're just gonna lead me to fall? Right? But I'm sure it'll all make sense in the end.

SARA chuckles as a plastered grin fill her face, the corners of her lips tremble ever so slightly.

INT. NAOMI'S ROOM. MORNING.

NAOMI appears with a big grin as she gazes into the camera.

NAOMI

Woooo we're going to meet ghosts and film shit! YES!

She clears her throat as she puts on a stern look and attempts to act as a professional interviewer.

Hi y'all, I'm Naomi, Wicca, ghost expert, crystal master, and high priestess of the Bewitches.

JOHN

I can't believe that's the name you're going with.

NAOMI frowns as she points the camera to JOHN.

NAOMI

And the person giving me shit for my awesome Coven name is....

She prompts him to say his name but his attention is kept on his phone.

JOHN

Huh?

NAOMI groans.

Oh, I'm John.

He lightly waves and glances confusingly at NAOMI.

Oh! Uh technical expert and alien truther, the truth is out there! I have nothing better to do so let's hope we see some ghosts or ghouls.

JOHN shrugs as NAOMI sighs.

NAOMI

Can you like act like you care?

JOHN

Uh maybe? If the ghosts turn out to be aliens then I'll care.

He chuckles as NAOMI groans.

INT. JOHN'S CAR. EARLY AFTERNOON

NAOMI turns on a camera as it records the back seat filled with go pros, security cameras, monitors, and EMF devices. WE FELL IN LOVE IN OCTOBER BY GIRL IN RED PLAYS ON THE STEREO. NAOMI sets the camera on her lap pointed to her face as she and JOHN sing.

NAOMI and JOHN

WE FELL IN LOVE IN OCTOBER, THAT'S WHY I LOVE FALL, LOOKING AT THE STARS. ADMIRING FROM AFAR! MY GIRL, MY GIRL, MY GIRL, YOU WILL BE MY GIRL!