20. Viridian

BITCH is written in bright red paint across my wall, along with a few other derogatory terms, the red paint then thrown over my things, that had been emptied out onto the floor and trashed so that little is untouched by the paint. My little coffee machine included

"Wow" I say looking around me from the doorway.

"Sigma Beta will pay for this" Grey states from my side and i let out a little laugh, surprising them both.

"This wasn't Sigma Beta" I wave my hand at the mess and glare at them both. Clueless idiots.

"This is a female attack, this is because you" I wave my hand at them, "have shown interest in me" I explain with a sigh. Stupid girls whoever it or they are will be very sorry they did this...

"How could you know that?" Grey mutters confused, but I know I am right.

"Raven, you need to tell Leo, send him a picture, if he's here interfering he may as well be useful"

"Fuck, Baby are you sure" his arms tighten around me. He's met him now so knows what's coming.

"Yes" I nod and take a step out of the room "Don't touch anything" I warn them both, but Grey stays with me in the hallway. I can hear the murmur of Raven's voice as he talks to someone, Leo? His voice raising a little but quickly lowered, and I know its because he is trying to protect me.

"Distract me please"

"Tell me the story about you and elevators" he asks and he smiles softly at my expression.

"How did you?" I stutter out

"The look on your face when I pushed the call button, I saw your fear and no, its not obvious" he finishes when I open my mouth to challenge him but fall silent instead.

"Did you have a bad experience?" he guesses and after a heartbeat I nod.

"Want to tell me about it?" he smiles and I shake my head as the words spill out.

"When I was three I got stuck in one, it took eight hours for them to find me, by the time they did I was a mess, mentally and physically"

"What happened?" he soothed, his arm coming around me and I leant against his chest, hearing his heartbeat beneath my ear.

"My cousins and I were playing hide and seek, then an alarm triggered and I panicked, the elevator was open and I thought they had left me, I hit all the buttons and the doors shut and started to move then everything shut down... it was totally silent and pitch black" I pause and think back over what happened. "Someone had come up to the penthouse, that's why the door was open, it only served that and the foyer levels... Leo's nanny had sounded the alarm but only after the man was inside, it locked everything down. They found Leo first and he thought we were still playing the game, in the confusion no one thought to check the elevator, another cousin who was staying with us, Dom, had told them I was really good at hiding and that I would come out eventually but after they had searched and not found me they believed I had been taken, cue the lockdown of the whole building and mass panic within the family, They interrogated the man who had broken in and eventually believed he was acting alone"

"How did they find you?" he whispers

"Uncle Luka was on crutches, the family had all been called but he was away, he took the family jet back and when he arrived they released the lock on the elevators, he found me unconscious on the floor, apparently they could hear his shouts at the top of the building"

"What happened next?"

I flushed, remembering the amount of attention I had received from the family, the new protocols put in place, panic rooms, camera's, additional security and... the tracker.

"Is that when you got the tracker?" he asked and once again I was amazed at how he seemed to be able to read me.

"Yes, so I could never be lost again, they would always come and find me and save me. After that Leo and Dom became even more protective of me, they saw the state I was in when I was found and I think it scared them, not that either would admit something like that"

"I'm glad they protect you but its our turn now" he whispers, as both of us look up to see a scowling Raven exit the room.

"Someone is on they way, Leo will meet us later to update you" he growls out, his eyes going to the elevator doors that have just opened, two black suited men exiting and heading our way.

"Hey guys" I mutter looking at the both.

"Miss Viridian" they reply in unison and I have to laugh at them.

"This is Raven and Grey" I tell them, even though I know they already know that. "Guys, this is Dan and John" There is a moment where they are all staring at each other before Dan nods, his gaze locking on Raven.

"Mr Leo will update you later" he tells him and I see the twitch in Ravens face, I can't tell if he wants to fight or laugh. "You need to get Miss Viridian out of here" he adds and Raven finally nods.

"Come on" he wraps my hand in his and ushers me down the corridor, Grey following us.

"What else did Leo say?" I ask as he lifts me into the passenger seat and buckles me in.

"I will tell you at home" he leans in and drops a kiss on my forehead and bemused I lean back and sigh.

'Damn these men, its little gestures like that that make me weak at the knees'

"Good to know baby girl" Grey's voice from the back seat is full of laughter as I jump.

"Damn it, I said that out loud didn't I?" I mutter as he laughs.

"Said what?" Raven queries climbing into the truck.

"I'll tell you at home" Grey laughs at him and even I grin at the pout on Raven's face from the familiar words.