The instant class ended, Zhao Yumo made her way to Class Three. Upon seeing her, Yun Xi brought out the gifts she had bought for her and Yang Lu. Although they were not expensive gifts, Yang Lu was ecstatic. She ran up to Yun Xi and gave her a bear hug.

The gift wasn't important. It was the thought that counted.

Not forgetting her friends while overseas, these gifts from Yun Xi showed how much she valued them.

"Yun Xi, I just came from Zhou Chengzhe's class. Did you know that our whole grade is talking about this award you received? Everyone's so jealous, envious, and hateful about it. You should've seen Zhou Chengzhe's face. TSK! TSK!"

"Based on what he did, I'd say Zhou Chengzhe had it coming! I can't believe he has such bad intentions!"

Yang Lu was unaware of the events that happened in the conservation district. She had only been informed that Zhou Chengzhe had brought a snake into the camp to frame Yun Xi, but, unfortunately for him, his plot had been uncovered and he was thereafter kicked out by the organizing committee. With only the knowledge of this fact, it was only natural that Yang Lu felt that Zhou Chengzhe was asking for it and his punishment had been self-inflicted.

Yun Xi smiled and kept silent. She was thinking, Zhou Chengzhe doesn't know what's coming for him. I reckon he thinks the incident at camp has passed since the school wasn't too hard on him. I'd bet he's feeling pretty happy that he doesn't need to face the music.

Zhou Chengzhe no longer posed a threat to Yun Xi. She had come up with ideas for a counterattack if Zhou Chengzhe tries to get back at her when he realizes that his future is ruined beyond repair.

Destroying a person does not necessarily mean one needs to end their life. To live a life no better than death is even more miserable.

"I'm treating you guys to a meal when I receive my scholarship!"

"Hurray!" Yang Lu exclaimed in delight.

While her friends were thinking excitedly about the upcoming treat, Yun Xi's mind was preoccupied elsewhere. Yun Xi couldn't help but notice that Mu Feichi had never mentioned anything related to the assassination attempt ever since they'd gotten back from Munich.

The identity of the group of people who had tried to kill her had remained a mystery to Yun Xi. She was convinced that things were not as simple as they had seemed and that there was more to it than what Mu Feichi had told her.

The only thing Yun Xi was joyful about right now was that Jiang Qilin's legs were improving. While performing an acupuncture treatment, Yun Xi had discovered that his legs felt some sort of sensation and were beginning to experience pain. This was an indication that they were getting back some of their sensitivity.

This was a really good omen. Experiencing any form of sensitivity could only signify the increase in the probability of Jiang Qilin someday resuming his ability to walk.

All her efforts during this time had not been in vain.

"Young Master Jiang, your legs can now feel the sensation of pain. This means that your chances of recovery might significantly improve. Therefore, please note that subsequent foot baths should include double the current dose of medicine. Jing Yi, don't forget that."

"I won't. I scrutinize the medical practitioners when they're making up the prescriptions to ensure that they use the exact quantity and variety of herbal medicines that you prescribe. And, of course, I make sure we only use those of the highest quality."

Although Jiang Qilin had not regained his ability to walk, the transition from complete numbness to partial sensation was undeniably an improvement. This tiny progress might seem insignificant to some, but to Jiang Qilin it was a step on his road to recovery.