Bruised

Before you guys dive into the fic, trigger warning: Eating Disorder.
__________________________________________

"Forgive me or not that's your choice, just like it's your choice to work with Lex. I'm done blaming myself for your bad decisions."

"Then why are you here?"

"To tell you that from now on you are accountable for your actions. If you decide to forgive me I will be there for you. If you continue to work with Lex, if you go through whatever it is the two of you are planning, I will do everything in my power to stop you, just like I would any other villain."

To say she was going through a lot would be the understatement of the century. It had been an emotional journey and it finally started taking a toll on her physical health.

When she woke up that day, she was feeling feverish and dizzy. But, she had to push. She didn't have time to stop. Because if she did, she would have to think and the thinking and lead to one outcome, her being wrong.

She knew she was wrong the day Kara defined her as a villain, putting her in the same category as her brother.

But she couldn't leave anymore. She had to complete what she started. 

So, she pushed. She pushed through the agonizing pain shooting through her stomach and she pushed through the bouts of dizziness to get ready.

It became worse as she reached L-Corp… Luthor-Corp. It wasn't the organization that she almost died for multiple times. 

By the time she reached her office, her head was throbbing and the lighting in the room was blinding her. She took hold of a corner of her desk to ground herself before situating on the chair.

She had an idea why this was happening. Going without eating for more than two days was not a good option. But, after that day on the balcony, everything she put in her mouth came back with excessive force.

Eating was never a priority to her and her eating was never a priority to anyone. Lionel was too drunk to notice, Lillian didn't care, and Lex was too busy in himself to care about someone else and that's where this flourished.

Her eating habits became worse and worse every passing day. Some days she could go without a drop of water. 

Then she came. She became a paragon of hope. She helped her overcome everything. But, if she thinks that she was a villain, maybe that's all she is and maybe it's better if you don't feed the villain.

So, she didn't eat. For two days.

“Hope, will you please dim the lights in the room?”

“Yes, Miss Luthor.”

The lights in the room became significantly tolerable in a few seconds and she started typing on the Laptop in front of her. But, her eyes were straining and watering. Maybe because of the light or maybe because in a few minutes her fever had gone up significantly.

“Push through, push through, push through.”

She kept muttering to herself as she kept on working. In a few minutes, she felt the need so she got up to go towards her liquor cabinet when she collapsed.

“Miss Luthor? Miss Luthor?”

Hope called in the room and her first reaction was that she was so detached from the world that the only thing concerned about her well-being was a fucking AI.

“Emergency Protocol Initiated. Calling Kara Danvers.”

She tried saying no, but she couldn't. It's like she forgot how to form words and the world blacked out.