Chapter 9: Officially Cray-Cray

Beginne am Anfang

"You do a lot more than just blushing in my dreams, love." Hunter laughed.

"But you are just as annoying in my dreams." I grumbled.

"So you dream about me too?" He asked.

"This is exactly why you're not so likable. You make people uncomfortable!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

He was silent for a while as he looked at me, his smile disappearing.

"And let me guess, Ryan is super likable, isn't he?" Hunter's voice was emotionless, just like his face.

Wait... Does he know about my crush on Ryan?

How can he know about that?

Did he hear Dan...

Dan wouldn't... would he?

"Did... Did Dan tell Ryan about... about my crush on him?" I hesitantly voiced my question as I fidgeted with my fingers.

"Your what?!" Hunter boomed as he got up.

I looked up at him to see the shock on his face.

So he didn't know...

Oops!

I looked at the teacher to see him stirring but he went back to sleep. I looked back at the other kids in detention to see them all already gone.

When did they even leave?

I really need to focus more on my surroundings. Or else, the next thing I know, someone would be kidnapping me!

Then my brother will eat all my candies...

"Olivia!" Hunter almost growled out my name.

So much for focusing on my surroundings...

"I-I mean I d-don't... I... I don't r-really." I stammered, searching for the right words.

Damn! Why is this so hard?!

"You like Ryan?!" Hunter asked.

I mean, who doesn't?

No, I can't say that...

Any ideas, brain?

Lie still on the floor and pretend to be dead!

Except something like that!

You're on your own, girl!

Slippery spaghetti!

"I might have a tiny crush on Ryan." I said. I saw the way his jaw clenched in anger and took a deep breath. "Okay, I really have a huge crush on him." I sighed.

Hunter was silent as he took deep breaths, trying to control himself.

"You're really giving me the vibe that you like me and now you're super jealous." I tried to joke.

"Why?" He asked in a strained voice.

"Because you are so angry." I replied in a duh tone.

"Why do you like him?" He gritted.

"I don't know... He's kind, sweet and he smiles at me. And he's handsome too." I shrugged.

Okay, this is awkward...

"Great. He's the picture perfect guy, isn't he?" Hunter shook his head. "Why don't you just go and confess your feelings to him?" He asked.

"Hunter, he's dating Kaylee." I told him.

"Oh..." He suddenly calmed down a bit. "Wait... You were going to confess to him at the party, weren't you?" He looked me directly in the eyes.

"Umm... Kinda..." I pursed my lips.

"So, what are you going to do now?" He questioned, sitting back down in his seat.

"Get over him." I stated the obvious. Hunter nodded his head as he looked into the distance.

"You do that." He said as he got up, taking his bag. He started walking out of the room but before I could say anything, the bell rang, signalling the end of detention.

Wow! He knows just when detention gets over... That's amazing...

That's not a talent, that's what happens when you spend everyday in the silent room!

That's... bad...

Maybe I should do something about that... That would help me with getting my mind off of Ryan and Kaylee, right?

And also the fact that Ryan still might know about my crush on him...

Besides, that will probably also make people think that Hunter is more approachable when they see me with him.

Okay...

I'm going to help him...

❣️❣️❣️

Important: If you are reading this story on any other platform (other than Wattpad or Inkitt), you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack.
If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form, please go to https://www.inkitt.com/Imaginativegirl006 or
Thank you.

❣️❣️❣️

Me: I am earlier than early! And I'm super proud of myself!

Olivia: Today's chapter is dedicated to a reader though... Not the author.

Me: And not any character either. It's dedicated to a special reader.

Hunter: A reader who might not be the first one to comment but is someone who always comments and shares her feedback and always reads the author's notes...

Me: @Nashra_Pervez , this is for you! Thank you so much!

Paige: Your comments are super encouraging for the author!

Me: This super early update is for you!

Ryan: Well, moving on...

Me: The next update will be up on 17th October 2021... I'm obsessed with Thursdays and the number 17...

Kaylee: But the 17th of October is on Sunday...

Me: I know... It's still the 17th...

Kaylee: I give up!

Me: And I'm accepting the bribes of COMMENTS, SHARES, LIKES/VOTES for early updates. I'm being super honest here.

Olivia: Moving on...

Hunter: Until next time, stay safe!

Me and Olivia: And eat gummy bears!

Curtains close as the author and the characters turn into penguins and waddle off the stage...