Aiden continues, his fingers tapping against my sides, making me find the small action of excitement as he speaks of a future he dreams of, adorable. "I want my kids to have what I didn't." He chuckles lowly, "a whole lot of siblings."

Humming in understanding, my heart expands with even more love for the man on my chest.

An image of all that he just said paints in my mind. Sliding my eyes shut once more, the picture of Aiden holding a baby in his tattooed arms plays behind my closed lids. My insides melt.

"The house should have a library too." I add without thinking. "I will give you that." Aiden promises promptly.

I look into his emerald eyes. The intensity in his gaze tells me how serious he is about his promise.

"You mean...?" I trail off. We've never spoken about a future together, but as the conversation takes a turn that way, my heart feels full.

"I want a future with you, Ry." Aiden states. His eyes search mine. For a truth even I don't know he's aware exists.

My thumb soothes a path down his sharp cheekbone. "I want that as well, A." I nod my confession.

A future with him sounds like a dream.

He pushes himself up on his elbow, towering over me. "No. You don't understand." He shakes his head, dismissively. An expression almost burning with aggravation. "All of this? I want it all with you. None of this matters if it's not with you, baby. I don't want any of this if it's not with you." His expression firm, searing his words with finality.

The vulnerability his tone holds as he speaks though breaks me. He doesn't believe that I want a future with him and I don't blame him.

How could I, when I'm the one responsible for his doubting?

"I'll always be with you, Aiden. I'll always want a future with you. " I tell him honestly, wishing for an implicit to my suggestive words.

"Do you promise?" He questions, his eyes holding desperation.

"I promise." I nod.

"I promise that I'll always be with you too and I promise you a future. Fatto come vogliamo." He slumps back down on my chest, the corners of his lips tilted up in a ghostly smile.
(Made the way we want.)

Another piece of my cracked heart gets captured by him.

So cute.

I could confess my love for him right now. As we lay on his soft bed, with nothing but a tranquil silence and the other's comforting warmth and arms surrounding us.

But I can't. Something in my chest prevents me from doing so. A fierce feeling. A fear; that something bad might happen to him if I tell him how I really feel. That something bad might happen to us. That the three words might be the cherry on top our relationship needs before it cracks.

Almost three weeks ago, I was so close to telling Aiden that I love him. My heart nearly beat out of my chest when he gripped my jaw and told me to spit out. My brother's continuous phone call though, interrupted me and had me swallowing back the words I've been trying to tell him for nearly two and a half months now.