Ch 40

Tiago’s saint hesitated to stand in front of me. Whatever Queen Rosé whispered in her ear, her eyes were filled with determination.

I double-checked the item I had hurriedly uprooted earlier in the morning.

‘I told Dwayne it was for research, but I was planning to sell it on the way back to replenish my funds.’

“Please close all the curtains. It needs to be darker.”

Kyle then cast a glance at the attendants, and the Queen’s room quickly went dark.

I opened the package and took something out. It was a White Rotunia with roots.

I could see the Queen’s brow furrowing.

“I think the pharmacists know what this is.”

The pharmacists’ eyes widened. It was rare to come across a beautiful white rose that cost 500 francs per plant and had no medicinal properties from exotic mountains.

“I can also see the flower’s subtle glow.”

“A flower that emits light? Don’t joke around.”

Alberto tried to stymie me, but all of the pharmacists agreed with my answer.

The Emperor’s heavy gaze was on me.

“White Rotunia is a flower that shows its light to those who have strong sacred or divine powers. It’s a little-known fact, but I’m sure the pharmacists are aware of it.”

Alberto looked dissatisfied, but he couldn’t deny the truth.

“And Tina, Tiago’s saint. If you have real powers, you’ll be able to see it with your eyes.”

She replied to my words with subtle shaking eyes,

“O-of course.”

She shouldn’t be a woman with no divine powers, but only with a degree of it. It was pretty strong, too. So, it would have been possible to heal someone.

“The pharmacists should grind this flower well to make tea, and also prepare White Sand flower, which contains the worst poison in the empire.”

Kyle’s face stiffened at my words.

White Sand flower is a rare plant that resembled a white rose and had a lethal poison on its petals. You won’t be able to tell which of the two flowers is made from Rotuia if you grind them both.

I still continued nonchalantly,

“Because Rotunia is a mysterious flower, you can tell which tea is made from Rotunia if you’re a saint.”

“……”

“It’s a very simple test.”

“Saintess.”

The Emperor opened his mouth,

“So you mean we can tell which is the fake saint by choosing the Rotunia tea.”

“No.”

I grinned.

“That’s not enough. Shouldn’t you have the courage to drink and die if you choose the wrong tea? Then the result will be clear.”

I could see Tiago’s saint’s face hardening.

“Are you worried about it?”

“No way.”

Saint Tina from Tiago replied unwaveringly.

Alberto looked puzzled even when his face was stiff.