𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Given without qualms

Start from the beginning

When they had the opportunity to talk, Jasper knew it was still a sensitive subject for her and didn't want to intrude on her privacy.

But he couldn't help himself from wanting to know more about her.

Her likes and dislikes, her hobbies before she became a vampire, everything she has to offer, he wants, no, he needs it.

It's shocking how quickly he falls for her. Her aura, her smile, her care-

Jasper's pinning thoughts stopped when Eloise continued, "As you already know. I'm from Mayfair, London. We were one of the upper-class families-" Eloise says with a snort, "Do forgive me; I sounded as if I was bragging."

Eloise never talked to Maria about her human life; it was new to her to share something detailed about herself.

"Not at all," Jasper tells her with a small smile.

"As I was saying, my father is a Duke. It is a prestigious title to hold. Many people respected and envied him. I never really knew what my father did for a living. I only knew him to be a successful man." Eloise mutters, her eyebrows furrowed, which Jasper always notices when she's focused.

"Apparently, I'm not allowed to know such things. The aunts said I should busy myself with learning how to sew properly. I'm not even allowed to be in the kitchen because the handmaids of the household should take care of it. "

"Handmaids?" Jasper raises an eyebrow. He might not be from the same wealthy family as Eloise, but he knows such things.

Growing up as a farm boy and the sole provider of his family, he worked for well-heeled families alongside his peers, who did not receive the same respectful treatment he received, even though they served the same.

Eloise looked at him, a bit confused but then realized what his question meant and said, "Ghastly! We don't own slaves! We might be wealthy, but my father and mother do not follow those horrendous morals. They are still people, living and breathing, that can feel the same as us, have the ability to dream of a good future and have a mind that has the opportunity to achieve brilliance and success like any other. We treated our helpers with respect and gave them what they deserved. They were happy in our household,"

Eloise remembered that her father welcomed guests into their home, and morals have been questioned about why they didn't own slaves.

Samuel dismissed them and said they should respect his decisions and morals.

The thought of owning a person is disturbing her.

A person cannot be owned; they are their own person.

The color of one's skin has nothing to do with one's intelligence or value as a human being.

"I quite miss them; they were the only friends I had. I didn't like the company of the girls of the ton," Eloise tells him with a blissful smile as she recalls her memories.

Her handmaidens always sneaked into her room.

She remembers talking to them until sunrise, how they quieted their laughter before it reached the halls.

Her parents might have had a tight grip on how she was looked upon by the ton.

However, Eloise is now wise and has gained an open mind.

Over the years, she has collected puzzle pieces that can fit her unanswered questions.

Because her family didn't follow society's rules, her father was slowly losing the people's respect.

They were afraid for Eloise's reputation to be tainted because of them.

They thought that no one would take her hand in marriage and that no one would ever take care of her once they were gone.