𝖛𝖎𝖎. His touch is warm and intoxicating

Start from the beginning

But he still has his humanity with him.

For the last three years, the transition has been hard for him and still is. Eloise feels guilty, still, for the last three years.

The threat that the enemy coven had been attempting to initiate was quickly eliminated.

The fighting was intense.

Many began to worry that they would truly attract the attention of the Volturi.

Seeing Jasper in pain, her soulmate just worsens the guilt and pain that she is feeling for Jasper.

And Jasper has been feeling her emotions since he changed.

After a few months of Jasper's transition, it was made known to them that Jasper has the gift of Pathnokinesis.

He has the ability to sense and manipulate the emotions of those around him.

And Maria is ecstatic. Having two vampires with abilities helps her coven gain more power.

Of course, Eloise helped him. She always helped him.

Eloise and Maria's deal is that Jasper is the one who oversees ending the old newborns.

As third-in-command, he obeyed every Maria's rule and order when Eloise begged him to.

He felt every emotion of the newborns he killed.

Mostly, he feels death reeking through the barn afterward.

And he didn't want to do it again, to feel the pain, agony, and anguish.

He grieved for the vampires he killed that night.

Eloise didn't know what to do. But she did find one solution, to have a head start with killing the vampires, making the numbers low for Jasper to eliminate.

Jasper noticed that the second year he killed the vampires, only a few were left.

Eloise reasoned that many perished in battle.

And he believed her.

Maria made Eloise train in a new way.

She knew how to fight physically, and so Maria made her train emotionally.

With the help of Jasper, she mastered it.

That's how Jasper believed her so easily with her lies, and that lasted for the next year and will continue to do so.

If Jasper stays in the army, which he will, no one can escape Maria.

Eloise and Jasper's bond didn't blossom the way Eloise wanted it to be.

If only things were different, it would have been.

But being in a time of war, where time is valuable, they didn't get the opportunity to have a deep conversation, to get to know each other the way they wanted to.

Yes. They do know the basic information one has to know about: when did Eloise change? His human life?

But other than that, they truly didn't know each other; they were acquaintances.

And they both want something more-something more profound.

Jasper has been developing these emotions towards Eloise for a few months since he joined the army; forbidden feelings.

Since Eloise told him the rules, one rule stuck with him; soulmates are unwelcome in the army, and killed.

He lost hope. But Eloise didn't. She would find a way for Jasper to leave the army.