*•.¸♡𝙎𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙪 𝙐𝙧 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨♡¸.•*

Start from the beginning

I easily took that chance.

I threw on my school uniform, tied my shoelaces and sprinted out the door, not bothering to say bye to my mother and father, or sisters for that matter.

I had a chance to fix things and I wasn't going to fuck it up. All I had to do was get to school, spot Isla in the crowd and talk to her, explain how sorry I am and how I knew I fucked up.

It was going to be okay, I could get through this.

I was fine.

---

She wasn't at school.

And admittedly I wasn't fine.

Far from it.

I spent the whole day searching for her, mistaking every female voice for one of hers, wishing every strand of brown hair belonged to the girl I sought for. But I never saw her.

I spent the whole of my English class re-reading through the same passage of Pride & Prejudice over and over again because for the love of god, I couldn't focus on anything. All I could focus on was the seat two rows behind me, one column to the left.

And how vacant it was.

I spent lunch alone, sitting at the same table we used to spend all our time at, laughing about the most random of things and talking our ears off. But that seat opposite me remained vacant. As did my hope.

So, as what every other emotionally crippled high school student would do in times like these. I cried in a bathroom stall. Real classy I know. What made it even worse, was the mountain of messages from Ranboo piling up in my notifications.

I didn't reply to any.

Finally to finish off my day, I spent my last period roaming the halls, knowing full well I wouldn't be able to focus on anything. Instead I went in search of Mr Soot.

When I approached him, immediately he asked if I was okay. And when I asked him if he had heard from Isla, a slight croak in my voice, he only reiterated the question. I brushed him off.

I didn't need pity, I needed answers.

I needed her.

He told me he hadn't seen her, at work or at school, not a single call or message exchanged between the two. It only made me want to cry more.

That was until he promised me he would tell me immediately if he did. That small sentence gave me so much fucking hope. False hope that is, but hope nonetheless.

So everyday for the next week I stopped by his office, asking the same question. I even stopped by Mars to see if she was there.

She wasn't, she never was.

Which is why when Tuesday rolled around, and I saw her on top of Olivia, beating her face in. It shocked me beyond belief.

She was here, she was actually here!

But she was far from okay. All because of me.

When she yelled at me, it stung, obviously. But it only made me more determined.

I made her like this.

I made her upset.

She has reason to yell at me.

And I was going to stop at nothing to change that.

---

Al of this leads us to now. As I stand outside the Mars building, anxiously waiting for Isla's wisps of brown hair to strut out the door. Waiting for the moment I can hold her in my arms and apologise until my throat runs dry.