Time To Go PT.2

Adam's eyes widened, he went over to Risk. He looked into his eyes..he checked his pulse. "He's...dead."

Melrose took out his knife, he gripped it at his side. He took several deep breaths, what the fuck.

Ryan could hear commotion, he tried to get up again. He finally got up, the train's horn seemed to be closer now, fuck. He looked up, Data had the button, and Risk was...laying still. "Data! You weak fuck, you need a button to kill?" He wanted Data to turn his attention to him, maybe it'll help the others get a hit on him. He could feel his blood leak down.

"Don't hurt yourself, Ryan. You've only got so much time left," Data mused, not even looking back. "That is, if the blood loss doesn't kill you first."

Jack didn't know what to do. So much was happening. Risk was dead, Ryan was hurt, and was at risk of dying too...god. He didn't know how to help. He watched as the others circled closer and closed around Data.

Ryan just raised a middle finger, "Oh, fuck you." He said as he looked over, he could see a little bit of the train starting to come. He tried to move but he couldn't, he was tired...too tired. "Why don't you just use the button on me? Hm? Kill me like Risk!" He was starting to breathe heavily.

Adam circled Data with everyone else, he was worried about Ryan but..he knew that Ryan was distracting Data for them.

Jack was hyperventilating. What could he do? The train was coming too quickly...and Ryan wasn't moving...oh god...

Fuck it.

Jack charged forward and pulled Ryan off the tracks, throwing him into the grass. Jack stood facing the headlights of the train in the not-so-distant track. It sounded its horn, the noise almost hurting his ears.

"Jack!" Twenty called over the cacophony.

Jack didn't answer. He gulped as the train quickly approached him.

Adam looked over, "Jack!" He yelled, he didn't know what to do, fuck!

Ryan fell into the grass with a groan, he got up and looked at Jack, who was now..on the tracks. "Jack! What the fuck are you doing!" He shouted. "Get off the tracks!" He got up, he tried to move toward the tracks, he was not gonna watch his young brother get hit by a train.

Melrose looked over, oh fuck..fuck. "Jack, listen to Ryan! Get off the tracks!"

The train was nearly here now. Jack could feel the vibrations on the tracks. He didn't want to die. But...did he have a choice? If he didn't do this, he knew he'd be murdered by Data. That honestly seemed worse. Maybe by doing this, he could spare his brothers in some way or another. That was what mattered. They were the important ones. They needed to come out of this alive.

Jack was shaking. He took a shuddery breath. "...Ry? Ads?"

Ryan stopped, he was close to the tracks, "Y..yeah..?" He could tell he couldn't get Jack off the tracks..he would just push him. He wanted to scream..

Adam had tears falling down his face, "Yeah, bud?" He said, he gripped his bat hard.

Jack felt tears stream down his own face. He didn't bother trying to control them. He sniffled. "If I did...nothing else in life...I hope I made you smile..." He turned to look at his brothers, a saddened, mournful smile spreading slowly across his face. "...That's all I ever wanted..."

The train blew its horn again as it cruised by on the tracks. The Jacks averted their eyes as a loud thud could be heard.

That was all it took. The train sped by without a second thought.