The end...?

Genocide - Tenzubushi

The withered fields lit up in pink flames. Max approaches Cyan, not looking happy.

"You? The coward that's been standing around, doing nothing?" Cyan scoffed.

"Someone has to put an end to this, and IT WILL BE ME!" Max shot a barrage of attacks at Cyan.

A lot of back and forth went on. Max got very up front and personal, flames engulfing his fists at all times. It was pretty close, until...

"GAH-"
Max fell to his knees as the flames receded. Cyan had just stabbed him, directly in the middle of his chest.

"MAX!" Zone yelled, tears almost immediately streaming down his face. He picked up his dying friend.

"Please... don't go..." He was barely succeeding to hold back sobs.

"I'm... sorry..." Max coughs up blood as he gives out a final breath, before dying in Zone's arms.

In a grief-fuelled rage, Zone charges at Cyan, glowing brightly with electricity.

Split EX - Ardolf
"Are you ready?"

That was it. Zone had gone overdrive. Power rushed through his veins as he attacked at Cyan with all his might, stunning the Emissary quite a few times.

Cyan was close to being broken quite a few times, but the electricity Zone was producing kept healing him.

The battle between the two was only stopped by a bright light coming from Max's body.

"Eh? Max?" Zone was confused.

The light was almost blinding, but it quickly subsided as a figure stepped out of it.

"MAX? YOU'RE ALIVE?!" Zone rushed over to hug his friend.

Max looked different. His normally pink and blue eyes were purely blue, his outfit was different, he was taller, and he had wings.

Max said nothing. After letting Zone embrace him, he dashed over to Cyan to continue where he left off.

Surface Tension - Teminite and PsoGnar
"Like surface tension... IT'S TEMINITE!"

The battle got heated quickly. Max was insanely powerful in this new form, and Cyan was not having a good time going up against it.

Cyan was at a major disadvantage to Max. As much as he tried, the overdrive shape just kept pushing him further, until Cyan broke.

"He's... gone. We're safe." Max's voice echoed, looking at the shattered shards of Cyan.

"You- You killed him! Holy shit I didn't know that you were capable of that!" Zone was in shock. In fact, everyone spectating the battle was shocked.

Max then reverted to his normal form, which quickly collapsed. His body had used up so many resources this past day, that he couldn't stand up any longer.

Zone rushed over to him and carried him to the medbay. Max needed some care.

Shapes in the background were celebrating.

—————

"Whuh... huh? What... what happened?"
Max was awake. It was quiet, aside from some sort of beeping.

"Oh thank god you're okay." Zone was sat next to him, relieved.

"Oww... why does my body ache...?"
Max was trying to take in his surroundings. From what he could gather, he was in a hospital room. His body hurt all over, especially in his chest.

"Do you... not remember any of that?"

Memories started flooding back to Max. Of course that's why his body is hurting. The memories seemed to be a bit much, as Max broke down.

Zone embraced Max gently. Max just accepted it, and slowly calmed down.

—————

The shards of Cyan started glowing. Max and Zone weren't done quite yet.

It's not over.