The Start Of Something Sinister

"WARNING. CITIZENS OF PARADISE, EVACUATE SOMEWHERE SAFE. A SERIOUS THREAT HAS RISEN TO POWER, AND SEEMS HELLBENT ON CORRUPTING THE ISLAND ONCE AGAI-"

The warning abruptly stopped.

It was a mad dash to get out of the Industry, and Max and Zone were caught in the middle of it.

"Oh, god, how the hell are we supposed to get out of here?" Max was panicking.

"Looks like we need to go separate ways until we're somewhere safe. You go out the back, I'll stick with the crowd, alright?" Zone did not want to get caught in the crossfire of corruption again. Not after what happened last time.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Stay safe, okay?"

"I will, Max. I'm not gonna do the same thing twice."

Max legged it to the side exit, where luckily nobody was going. He managed to get out and rush to the Tree before things started going wrong.

He witnessed firsthand the start of the corruption. Cyan, a rouge hero, had already uprooted the Tree of Life.

It was shoved back into the ground with incredible force, so much so that it started spewing harmful blue attacks.

The corruption spread frighteningly fast. Shapes were turning a bright shade of cyan left and right.

Cyan himself, however, seemed more focused on the Industry.

Max followed him back, albeit quite far behind, and managed to witness him picking out a corrupted shape from the crowd that was trying to get away. It was impossible to see who this was at the distance Max was at, but he followed again, hoping to save them.

The Industry was far more dangerous that when he left. The layout was pretty much the same, though, so Max had little trouble traversing it.

As he was getting to the conveyors, he heard a frighteningly familiar scream.

This caused a wave of shock to come over him. Max was frozen in place.
His skin started burning.
Pink was crawling up the normally vibrant red of his body.

A short while and a bit of glitching later, and Max was fully corrupted and advancing at speed to the conveyors.

He couldn't let them hurt Zone.