"... nothing!"

"There are thousands of things behind one single 'nothing' Ahmed and I am not going to buy it." He stated.

"That's the reason you guys coming here?" I asked, but he remains silent.

"Thought so!" I said to myself out loud.

"Well, yes... And no... we wanted to have some fun and you just provided the purpose. Now tell me."

"As I said before, it's nothing."

"Okay... Then allow me to guess... It is definitely not about Saifi House, Anam and her mother. Because if it were, you would've told us without us asking... It can't be about your sisters and your mother, as they are fine... It can't be related to work because when it comes to work, you enjoy troubles and challenges and work even harder... Then that remains a relationship... But you don't have any... So, what are we missing?" He asks, looking at me with a mischievous smile and I narrow my eyes at him. I had a feeling that he figured it out already, but didn't say anything. We kept quiet, looking at the rising sun for a while.

"Say it!" I finally broke the silence.

"No!"

"Say it!" I groan.

"No! ...I want you to say it."

"Say what?" I am irritated now.

"That you are running from Sandal." He stated calmly.

"I am not!" I said in a low voice, trying to hide my irritation.

"See! ...That's the problem."

"What's the problem?"

"You're not sure what the problem is and what you are running from."

"...I am running from myself... my stupid thoughts and...feelings, which are making me do stupid things..." I almost shouted, finally letting it out.

I hate it when he becomes so pushy. After a while, when my irritation had died down a little, I sighed, "Sorry man! I didn't mean to shout."

"It's okay ...It was necessary to make you speak... So, what sort of 'stupid things'?" He smirked.

I sighed and comb my hair with my fingers, "I... I don't know. It's like she's always in my mind... When I am alone, I often find myself thinking about her. When I know she is around but not in sight, I'd always have the urge to see her. And when she is within sight, I'd want to talk to her."

"Then talk to her!" He stated.

"She doesn't talk to me... If it's not about work, she won't talk. Not to me, nor to other men in the office. She'd always keep herself busy in her work and mind her own business. Even if I give her orders, all she does is nod."

"Oooh! That's an assistant for Ahmed Wali." His smirk widened and I rolled my eyes.

"And what is the story behind Sunday night, when you threw the bag out of your car?"

"How do you know?" My eyes widened.

"We 'are' your friends... So, about the bag?"

"I bought her a dress and she refused to accept."

"So you threw it out?" He is enjoying it.

"Yes." I said and he burst out laughing.

"Seriously man! ...That girl is sure giving you a hard time... Who would have thought that Ahmed Wali, would be running from a girl." He says between laughter.

"Shut up!" But he continues to laugh.

"Tell me... Do you like her?" He asks when his laughter died down.

"No!"

"Then why are you being like this?" I didn't answer, I don't know what to say when I am not even sure of myself.

"Listen, Ahmed!... We all are from high-class families, have glamorous lives, big houses, cars, you name it and we have it. But when it comes to someone who cares for you, we can be the most unlucky ones... So if you ever found that someone, don't let her go... If she's special, then it is okay to let go of your ego and reach out to get her." He said in a serious tone.

"Oye!..." I shake his shoulder. "Who are you and what have you done to Saeed."

"Shut up!" He shoved away my hand.

"Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. But that's not the case here. I don't like Sandal."

"You sure?" He asks, raising a brow.

"Yes!" I stated.

"We will see." He smiled meaningfully and got up... Leaving me behind, staring into space...

"I don't like Sandal."

I recall what I said earlier.

"You sure?"

"I am... not..." I mumble and got up.

_________________________________