Chapter 3

-Pearl's POV-

I swam back upstairs and sat on my bed again. I opened my laptop again, logging on to Mermadia. I saw that I had one new friend request on the mailbox icon. Wondering who it was, I opened it. "Rafeal Wavecrest has sent you a friend request!" It read. I clicked on that to read the message. "Hey Pearl!!! I just met you like, 5 minutes ago, but you seem pretty chill. I really want to be friends and get to know you, not just because of your dad wanting to pick a suitor. Stay cool, Rafeal" 

I smiled and accepted the friend request. He seemed pretty cool. I took off my dress and changed into a plain gray sweatshirt, and threw my hair into a messy ponytail, letting some strands of my black hair fall out. 

I opened my favorite human website, Netflix. It was a movie website, my dad didn't care that I spent money on it. I selected this TV show called THE WALKING DEAD. It was about these dead humans that came back to life. They were called zombies and they attacked humans. I was ready to marathon when my computer beeped. 

It was Rafeal sending me a message on Mermadia. 
R: Hey! You actually accepted!!
P: I'm not that evil...
R: That's good. 
P: Where are the princes staying?
R: We all have different rooms on the 4th floor. 
P: Oh, ok. 
R: What are you doing besides planning 
to murder Erin? 
P: I'm watching Netflix. 
R: You watch Netflix?! I thought I was 
The only one in the 7 seas who 
does that!!!
P: Yeah! Finally!! Someone who doesn't 
think I'm crazy for watching/ liking
human stuff!!
R: What are you watching?
P: THE WALKING DEAD
R: Cool. Can I join?
P: Sure. I'll come get you. What symbol 
is on your door?
R: Starfish 
P: K. 

Finally. Someone who liked Netflix!!! I'm not alone in the world!!! I excitedly made my way to the fifth floor, and stopped in front of the door with the starfish. I knocked on the door and not a second later it opened. Rafeal was wearing a navy blue t-shirt that was a nice contrast to his orangeish-yellowish tail and was clutching a teddy bear. I gave him a questioning glance. "I get scared easily." He told me in a baby voice. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. 

We swam back to my room and sat on the bed, clicking the first episode of THE WALKING DEAD. Rafeal ditched the teddy bear by my nightstand. 

-8 hours later- 
I blinked for what seemed like the first time in hours and looked at Rafeal. His eyes were bloodshot from staring at the screen for so long, as were mine. "Oh my god. I feel like someone is stabbing my eye with a toothbrush." He complained. "It's 3:00 AM Rafeal. Go get some sleep. You know the way back." He nodded. "Night Pearl. We've got to do this more." He flashed me a toothy grin and closed the door. 

My eyes fell on the teddy bear still on my nightstand. "You forgot--" Whatever. I grabbed it, cuddled it into my chest, and fell asleep.

Chapter written by ℓιттℓє.мιѕѕ.ℓσνєℓуˣ.