each other.

zach returns to the WDW house, thinking about everything. but mostly about the breakup. he used to like kay. she used to like him. they used to like each other. but... was it just that? maybe he was blindsided. she was his high sweetheart. but it wasn't love. they both knew that it wasn't love. maybe this was his way to hold onto the past. she reminded him of the high school days. of his hometown, the places they used to visit, his parents. he finally understood it. him breaking up with kay was a way of letting go of his past; but not in a bad way. he was ready to live life in the present.

moreover, he wouldn't have to think about what kay would say, think or do. he wouldn't have to think about her judgement. maybe it was true. maybe she was toxic. he hadn't spoken to the boys about the breakup. crystal was the first person he told. he had a connection with her. even though they only met less than a week ago. he felt as though she understood him. and it wasn't only about the numerous inappropriate inside jokes they shared, but she actually understood him. this was not like anything he had felt before.

when he finally did explain it to the boys, they were more than happy for him. they had turned into his brothers. he felt safe with them, in the band because they spent a whole lot of time together. but he felt safe with her too. how? he's not one to trust easily. it took him a lot of time to fully trust kay, and even the boys. but she... she was special. in a way that zach himself couldn't understand.

by time he explained everything to the boys and got to his room, it was already 5:30. that meant he had to get ready as soon as possible. he put on a maroon hoodie that said 'bonin' and navy blue checkered pants with a few silver chains and white worn out sneakers.

*outfit below*

~

crystal was sprawled on the couch scrolling through her pinterest feed with skylar's head on her lap; when she realized that it was 5:30. quickly she threw skylar's head off of her lap, earning a scowl.

"what the fuck?!" skylar said, getting up.

"i need to get ready! i'm late!" she said, panicked.

"oh god! go wash your face first though. or you're gonna look like a hobo."

she did as she was told and put together an outfit from her wardrobe. she wore a white high-neck t-shirt and light blue ripped jeans, paired with a black jacket and of course, her glasses. then, she put on light makeup : her signature eyeliner and a light pink, nude lipstick.

*the outfit*

she goes out the room, to confirm if the outfit was alright with her best friend

she goes out the room, to confirm if the outfit was alright with her best friend. she recieved a huge thumbs up with a huge grin plastered on skylar's face. she was on a call. 'who?' crystal gestured with her hand. 'jonah' skylar mouthed toward her. crystal smirked toward skylar, earning an eye roll. just as she stuck out her tongue, the doorbell rings. she takes a deep breath and heads toward the door to open it.

"hey," she hears his voice say. he wasn't smiling though, he was just standing there with an emotionless face. although he felt relieved from kay and her drama, the breakup was hard on him. she could tell. his joyful vibe was dull. but she smiled at him, widely. this made him smile. that was it. she was his weakness, and he was hers. and they knew it.

"hello!" crystal replied, the smile still wide on her face. she always thought that the only way you can make someone happy is by being happy. she gave him a huge hug as they walked out to zach's car. there was silence in between them, but the comfortable kind. they both got in and zach gave the AUX cable to her, which obviously meant that they would be singing their hearts out in a few minutes. she was glad to help him get his mind off of kay. she enjoyed his company and loved spending time with him.

the movie theater was fifteen minutes away from where crystal lived, so they had plenty of time to blast on random songs and sing along. from one direction to billy joel, they sung so loud that their throats might've hurt. finally, they reached the theater. they each got a tub of popcorn and sat in, just as the movie begun.

halfway through the movie, one of the side characters died. and crystal's eyes were leaking a river. she would cry for these things, yes. if a character in a book dies, or in a movie too. she was emotional, very much so. zach noticed this and interlocked his hand with hers. his mind was in a hurl.

"isn't it amazin', how every line on our hands align, when your hand's in mind"

she looked over at him, a small smile showing through the tears in her eyes. he smiled back at her. she... this girl was just something else. she made him feel... things. she made him feel something. he didn't know what. and neither did she. it was impossible to know. they were hurting inside, and they found something to hold on to; they found each other. was that the plan all along? did the gods plan this to happen?

were they always supposed to meet. since the beginning? was it planned for them to look at each other and feel what they feel? were they supposed to help each other while the other was hurting? is this it? their life's happiness, in each others hands? if it was then how would they react? would they tear it? the happiness of the other which was kept on their hand? would they love it and make it eternal? they don't know.

did they have the power to do that? the strength? they were broken but they were healing... through each other. now would they be able to do it? heal completely? help each other heal completely? was it possible? would they help each other?

and even is they both helped heal completely... there was one more thing.

would they find themselves broken again?

oh but, if they were going to be broken again, there was only one way.

they would only be broken...

by the person that fixed them.

each other.