003. coffee cake on christmas eve eve, if you want

⸻ ╱  ₍ cₒffₑₑ cₐₖₑ ₒₙ cₕᵣᵢₛₜₘₐₛ ₑᵥₑ ₑᵥₑ , ᵢf yₒᵤ wₐₙₜ ₎  ◯ △ ▢    ₛᵤₘₘₐᵣy  -

  cₒffₑₑ cₐₑ ₒ cᵣᵢₛₜₘ ₑᵥₑ ₑᵥₑ , ᵢf yₒᵤ wₐₙₜ  

ₘₘₐᵣy  -

The freckled face cutie who comes into the café (where you work) every night just before closing, simply to order a single slice of coffee cake leaves you a letter along side her tab.

WARNINGS:   none!

     TWELVE MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR, AND THE LAST ONE HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE.

December— It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Evergreen trees strangled in strands of kettle corn garlands and cherried with candy canes, hot cocoa and snug slippers, secret santa and mistletoe make-out sessions.

Most of all, cozy late nights at Seoul Café ! — Perhaps spending four to eight hours in a small shop selling caffeinated beverages and baked goods at the dead of night seems like a waste of the festive seasons to some...

Not you — This little dead-end part time job held a tender sentiment in your heart. You were a busy college student by day who was swamped in studies and credit card statements til eventide, looking for a consistent cash flow to drag you threw the semester.

What you loved the most about this job, this little shop, this shift was the experience. The scent of scorched nutmeg and gingerbread wafting from the kitchen after your coworker Gi-Hun had managed to burn something (again). Watching traffic simmer under the nocturnal skies, streets going shy while Noel lights twinkled brash as ever. Dithering customers dawdling through the café, in search of a sweet sober-upper or a honeyed haven to hide from all and sundry...