He had to know. He was always one step ahead of everything.

Will tried his best not to stop Persephone as she stepped away from him, his body upset at the loss of comfort.

"You did really well getting everything, Will. Thank you." She rubbed his back before moving to the side of the island. "I have to go out to the field for moment. Hannibal can start dinner if you'll make lunch."

"Hope grilled cheese and tomato soup is okay." A half hearted laugh leaving him.

"Sounds perfect. Everything you'll need is in the fridge or the bread box, then." She rubbed his back once more, gathering a covered and rather oversized picnic basket she'd left on the counter this morning.

"Should I come with you?" Hannibal asked, not willing to admit he'd felt left out in their discussion.

Persephone shook her head "No. There's a lot of prep work waiting for you." The look she gave him caused his eyes to flick toward the workroom. "I was thinking...roasted leg of lamb."

Hannibal gave her a knowing look before nodding "I'll get started then."

The door clicked shut as she left. They could head the engine of the four wheeler road to life from the shed beside the house.

"She must be going quite far." Hannibal said, patting Wills shoulder as he passed him.

"Could....could you wait to do that? Please."

Hannibal looked at his friend, the man still staring at the black wand white photos. "Wait to do what?"

"I-I want to help. If you'll help me make lunch, I'll help you...downstairs."

Hannibal smiled to himself "okay."

Will let out the breath he was holding "okay."

——————————————————————-
Persephone bobbed and weaved the roaring machine through the trees. The guest house was a good mile or so walk, and she was too tired to go by foot.

A small wood cabin came into view. She could see the brand new chicken coop sitting just out front, the chickens were still pretty small. She killed the engine just shy of the front walkway. The young woman who lived there hadn't come out, and Persephone realized she was probably watching her from the window.

The door was heavy as she used her free hand to push it open. "Chiyo!" She called "I brought you groceries!"

The place was clean, a lot cleaner than when Persephone had first brought her here. Chiyo was adamant she didn't want to stay at the main house. She was content being a background character, and the house couldn't be seen through the dense woods. Persephone tried to give her money, her own car to go to and from the town and buy what she likes, which Chiyo politely declined. She did opt to give Persephone a list every few days of whatever she needed, but never more than a few items, usually soaps or other simple things.

Persephone started removing the items from the basket, the soaps on the table, the various meats she had vacuum sealed, and fresh vegetables into their respective containers in the fridge. She placed the spices and dried mushrooms into the spice cabinet. Onions and potatoes into the wood storage bin beside the fridge. Apples, lemons, oranges, and figs in the hanging baskets above the sink. She pulled a new cast iron dutch oven from the bottom of the basket and set it on the stove.

"That's a lot more than the list." Chiyo spoke softly as she stepped into the kitchen. She was dressed in soft black pajamas, her hands on her pockets.

Persephone chuckled "yeah, I guess it is. Is the WiFi working alright? You can watch TV?"

Chiyo nodded, "there's a lot of movies I'd never heard of."

Persephone tossed a log into the wood burning stove, poking the embers with an iron. "You should watch a few, you might like them." Brushing her hands on her pants, turning to Chiyo with a warm smile. "You sure you don't want to have dinner at the house? Hannibal's cooking tonight."

Chiyo shook her head, eyes fixed on her new pot. "It's best he doesn't know I'm here for now. I told him I'd stay close, but it's been years."

Persephone nodded patting, taking a black cell phone from her back pocket and set it on the table. She patted Chiyos shoulder as she made her way to the door "Call my cell if you need anything, okay? I already programmed it. I'll come get your list in a few days if you're more comfortable that way."

Chiyo nodded again, a small smile before Persephone left. Her smile grew at the warmth filling her freshly stocked kitchen.

——————————————————————
Persephone stepped into the kitchen, her smile fading when she saw neither Will nor Hannibal. There was a plate with bowl placed neatly in the center, grilled cheese and tomato soup just like Will said. She smiled at the taste. It wasn't from a can. He had asked Hannibal for help. He head perked up at the sound of a hand saw. Hannibal was already working on the good doctor. She crept down the stairs careful not to make herself known. She peeked around the doorway, keeping her body out of the room.

Hannibal was pressed firmly against Wills back, his arms around him, his hands gripping the younger mans tightly to the handsaw as they cut through Bedelias femur. His lips dipped down into the curve of Wills neck, but Persephone couldn't make out what was said before they brushed against Wills skin. Will prickled at the contact, the saw finally getting down to the bone. Hannibal guided the saw from Wills hands, turning it off. He se it next to Bedelias dismembered leg, pushing both down the table slightly. Will lifted the soon to be stump, Hannibal still behind him as he sutured the skin closed, wrapping it in sterile bandages for the younger man who looked like he was close to vomiting.

"You did well. Good boy, Will." Hannibal spoke stepping away. Wills cheeks flushed red as Hannibal rubbed his back. Hannibal handed him a filet knife before moving what remained of Bedelias body to the stretched out chair. "Remove the skin like I showed you last time."

Will nodded, bracing his body against the table for some form of stability before sliding the blade down the length of flesh, careful not to damage the meat.

Hannibal noticed Persephone hiding behind the door, he could smell her perfume and followed the scent. She jumped as he rounded the corner, surprising her with a smile on his face. "It's rude to spy on people, darling."

Persephone laughed softly "you're right, I apologize, but didn't want to break his concentration."

Hannibal nodded slightly, sliding a hand to the small of her back, guiding her back up the stairs. "Thank you for that. Go rest, I can have dinner ready by six."

"I have a dress for the guest of honor, if you'd like to have her ready before then." She tilted her head back to look at Hannibal who was standing behind her, trying to hide a smile.

He smirked, a deep breath to hide his amusement, "absolutely, darling."