My thoughts are interrupted when I see someone walking up to me. I never fully thought about what I would do if someone were to walk up. To be completely honest I wasn't expecting anyone to.

Instantly, I put on the fake tears. The man walks up and looks at the door, and then me.

"What happened?" He asks worriedly. Which makes me feel bad since the tears are completely fake.

My head scrambles to find some excuse as to why I would be crying.

"My girlfriend and I," I blurt out with a fake sob, "we got in this really bad fight and she ran off. I couldn't help but wait out here for her."

He tilts his head and looks at the door to the boys locker room again, "And she ran off into the boys locker room?"

I wipe my pretend tears, "It was probably the first place she could find. It was a really bad argument."

"Well, i'll go get her and we can talk through it."

"No," I put my hand out to stop I'm from opening the door to the locker room, "she's really upset right now and really just needs space."

He moves my arm and walks into the locker room. At that point he's already inside, and there's nothing I can do to stop him.

I let out an annoyed sigh and pace back and forth. Hopefully it wasn't a complete failure and she found something that would help.

After a few minutes of waiting I decide to walk into the locker room.

"Listen, your not doing anything, okay?Your just a kid. If there's a monster in my school I'm gonna take care of it." I hear the man's voice echo throughout the room.

I walk forward to stand beside Hope and the man looks at me. "I'm guessing you here to help."

Before I can respond Hope cuts in , "No offense, but I've been trying to kill this thing for over a week, and nothing's worked."

"If you are a vampire hunter then I'm sure you've hear of Alaric Saltzman."

I think back to Josie and Lizzie. I could ask them when I get back, but I wouldn't want to overstep.

"Ya," he says, "I know what I'm doing."

"Ya, your very famous around here. But your going to need my help."

For a few seconds he doesn't respond. When the bell rings Alaric leans in to whisper, "I've put kids in danger before, and I'm not going to make that mistake again."

I remember the look Josie and Lizzie gave each other at the mention of the old headmaster. If it was Alaric, what exactly did he do to end up here?

When people start piling into the locker room, I know there's no room to ask questions and the conversation is over.
———

Girlfriend?" Hope questions.

I stand beside Hope to try and hide whatever she's making in a locker.

"Sorry, I panicked. It seemed like a problem someone who went here would have. Plus, it was totally working at first."

Hope laughs. "I think you nailed it. Unfortunately, he was smart enough to see through it."