𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. 𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒈𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆

"SO, SARAH JUST DIPS AND DOESN'T CALL?"

Sitting beside the dock that leads to the Château, the pouges stretched out in the heat, relaxing for what felt like the first time in years.

Tatum rested in between JJ's legs, trying her very hardest to read and understand Thomas' favourite book, Wranglestone, by Darren Charlton, but it was pretty hard for her to concentrate on reading without an audiobook to go with it. Fortunately, Pope Heyward was sitting right beside them, pointing everything out to her when her mind began to drift away, or she got a little confused - which happened to be every two minutes, but he didn't mind at all.

Meanwhile, Kiara sat at the back of the dock, legs in her arms as she hopelessly watched Tatum with lust, smiling at every facial expression the girl made, proud of her everytime she grinned because she got something right.

Standing at the edge of the dock, John B stared out into the distant, calm water, grateful to be a free man once again - the only thing he needed now was his girl, but apparently no one had seen her since the day he was sentenced.

"Yeah, man," Pope answered, looking up from the book in Tatum's hand for the first time in an hour. He shrugged at John B. "She just left her bag. Didn't tell anybody."

"Okay, dude, I...I...I really think Ward got to her," the worried boyfriend stated with anxiety, trying his hardest to convince his friends to panic about it, too. "I mean, the dude tried to have me killed in jail."

At his shocking words, everyone's attention broke. Kie shook her head, turning up to face him with embarrassment, as she had only just realised she'd been staring at Tatum for hours. To hide her need for the girl, she played with her yellow, transparent sunglasses, but she wasn't fooling anyone but the girl she was obsessed with. JJ grinned and raised a brow, amused that she was playing the desperate one this time around, happy that for once, Tatum was standing her ground.

"He had you what?" asked Tatum, her mouth open wide with huge dramatics. "I swear to God, JB, he's your kill, but if you wanted, I'd -"

"Punch a teddy bear to channel your rage," Pope cut in before she finished her sentence by telling everyone the most brutal ways she'd kill Ward Cameron.

Although she was properly medicated now and not being wrongly drugged up, she still felt a little drousy over the ones she was on, especially after staring down at a page for so long. So she rested her head back on JJ's sweaty shoulder because she seriously felt like it was going to drop off her body.

"Yeah," John B said, throwing his hand out at the yawning girl. She had nothing to distract her from the tiredness of her meds now. While using hand gestures to show what happened, knowing the vision of it would keep Tatum's mind on track with the story, John B continued by saying, "He sent somebody to the prison who yoked me up and almost killed me."

"You serious?" asked Kiara, completely appalled and shocked that somebody was capable of doing that in such a high security prison.

"Yes."

"Do we know who this dude was?" asked JJ, pulling on his old, blue work shirt because he could see his sweat was annoying the girl on his shoulder.

She smiled at the kind gesture, grateful for the extra support the pouges had been giving her lately. Whether it was organising her meds or chatting her to sleep, they really did deserve a medal for how much they'd been trying to help. Each and every one of them doing everything in their power to bring her comfort.

"No, I have no idea," said John B, jumping from the higher stance he was at. "Dude, I swear to God, one day I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch."

Pope shook his head as the boy sat down to join the rest of the group. "I get it, man, but we don't need anymore murderers in the group," he stated in the nicest way he could. He wasn't trying to be rude or insensitive - he knew that everything that happened and everything they did was for a reason, justified or not - but they mentally couldn't sit through another trial or another breakout. They were still only kids, after all. The faster their lives were back on track, the better.