𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌-𝒊𝒏𝒔

DARKNESS FLOODED THE ROOM, moonlight shone through the windows. Everyone in the house was asleep when Tatum finally woke up after a twenty-four hour nap. Beside her bed, a young woman wearing a nurse outfit snored, a needle on her lap the girl could only assume was for her. She was so sick of this. Feeling crazy. Feeling like people were watching her every move, spectating her. It made her paranoid, angry, but she was too exhausted to do anything about it.

As she stood up this night, her whole world went shaky, causing her to stumble and trip over her own feet. The room was cold for the first time ever and she felt sick. On her arms, four large bruises coloured them purple from the meds that were forced through her bloodstream by injection, as she was too sleepy to take them herself.

At the windowsill, there was a plastic bottle of water waiting for her. Tatum was happy for the kind drink; her mouth was dryer than a brick and her light body desperately needed some liquid.

Distantly, she heard the voices of the local teenagers sneaking out after dark. She giggled to herself a little, imagining those stuck up kids spluttering and choking after one hit of weed. There was no way sweet Prince Cameron would sneak out and disobey his dear, old mommy like that.

The voices began to travel closer, and Tatum could've sworn she heard a creak in the protective gates that towered around her mother's ancient home. Sipping on her cold drink of water, she scrunched up her nose, feeling sick and whoozy. It was like every single second of the day she felt like she couldn't stand. It had been like that since Carla took her out of the ward.

Hushed voices flew through the outside walls of the building. Tatum searched for something. Anything. But the only weapon she could find was sitting on the lap of Nurse Suzy, tightly rolled into her palm in a way Tate could never take it from her.

Her fists it was, then. Though, she wasn't too sure how a fist fight would pan out in her current state. Even after the kidnapping, she had a lot more strength than this.

The window clicked. Opened.

Tatum had no idea how. There were bars, extra locks, machinery, everything Carla could do and buy to keep her daughter locked in there. Only the greatest robbers in the world could open a window like this.

But rather being faced with a large, masked man, Tatum found herself gazing into the eyes of the chestnut-eyed beauty she fell in love with all those years ago.

"I thought breaking into houses was bad," said Tatum with a shrug.

Kiara smiled widely and rolled her eyes playfully. They did it. She did it. They got her back. She found Tatum.

She began stepping closer to the ghostly-looking girl, pushing her long, curled hair back as she cupped Tatum's cheek.

"I love you, Tatum Quinn, so freaking much."

a/n: short chapter and i really hate it. i was too lazy to edit it so point out any mistakes please :)